"If in years to come any man says to you 'I fought at Arnhem', take off your hat to him and buy him a drink, for this is the stuff for which England's greatness is made." - Alan Wood, War Correspondent Daily Express. 24th September 1944
On 17 September 1944, the 101st Airborne Division became part of XVIII Airborne Corps, under Major General Matthew Ridgway, part of the First Allied Airborne Army, commanded by Lieutenant General Lewis H. Brereton. The division took part in Operation Market Garden (17–25 September 1944), an unsuccessful Allied military operation under Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery, commander of the Anglo-Canadian 21st Army Group, to capture Dutch bridges over the Rhine fought in the Netherlands and the largest airborne operation of all time.
Our part in this operation is to perform an airborne drop and secure and hold the bridge in Chef du-Pont in advance of the Allied armoured advance with XXX Corps (30 Corps) from the east. Our intelligence on the area indicates that the Garrison of the town is light however the some of our Dutch Allies have reported German armour being concealed in the woods to the west though these reports are largely unsubstantiated. As well the Chateau de Bosson to the North appears to contain a larger contingent of German Motorized infantry. This operation is to take place as soon as the necessary elements can be prepared and launched.
MISSION SUMMARY: This will be a heavily themed mission with elements taken from the Second World War. The mission will be making use of the Arma 3 mods Iron Front, Faces Of War and CSA38 which will be posted as well at the bottom of this event page in a compiled list. Weaponry within the mission will be restricted to WW2/Faction based weaponry and will be restricted per your chosen role. Tags for applicable roles are being enforced and will not be different from standard slotting. Squad Structure and PTLN structure have been changed to accommodate the theme and structure of operations in the Second World War.
(TAGS & REGS PRIORITIZED)
(RESERVED SLOTS MAY BE OVERWRITTEN BY TAG-HOLDERS)
(FINAL SAY IS AT EVENT HOSTS DISCRETION)
- PLTN COMMAND SQUAD:
- ALPHA SQUAD:
- BRAVO SQUAD:
- Charlie Squad Lead (SL TAGS): OPEN
- Charlie Squad Medic (MEDIC TAGS): OPEN
- Charlie Squad Radioman (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Charlie Squad Team Leader (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Lead (SL TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Medic (MEDIC TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Radioman (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Team Leader (TL TAGS): OPEN
Hawker Hurricane Mk2 / Douglas C-47 Skytrain (1-1):
- RPTR Pilot/Lead (Fixed Wing Tags): @Griffin68965 [NO TAGS]
Hawker Hurricane Mk2 / Douglas C-47 Skytrain (1-2):
- RPTR Pilot (Fixed Wing Tags): @AngryScottishMan
- Only Weapons and equipment from the Iron Front, Faces of War and CSA 38 mods may be used within the mission.
- Short Range Radios are prohibited.
- Only Radiomen are permitted to carry Long Range Radios.
- Night vision equipment is prohibited.
- BFT and GPS systems will be disabled/prohibited.
- Looting of enemy primary weapons is prohibited.
- Only Platoon HQ, Squad Leads and Team Leads are permitted whistles.
Note: FK Weaponry and equipment rules remain in effect for this mission.
Uniform: Chosen by PLTN HQ.
Helmet: Role Appropriate headgear (EX Inf= M1 Helmet, KNGT = A-11 Tankers Helmet).
Riflemen Weaponry: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903A3 Springfield Rifle.
Sniper(Designated Marksman) Weaponry: M1903A3 Springfield Rifle(Scope).
Medic Weaponry: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903A3 Springfield Rifle.
Squad Leaders, Team Leaders Weaponry: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903A3 Springfield Rifle, M3 Grease Gun, Thompson Submachine Gun.
Autorifleman: M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle.
MachineGunner: M1919 Browning Machine Gun.
Hawker Crew Weaponry: M3 Grease Gun, Thompson Submachine Gun.
Secondary Weaponry: Colt M1911 Any Axis Pistol looted in mission may be carried in the next mission if proof of acquisition is provided prior to the next operation.
MAT: M1A1 Bazooka.
SERVER INFO :
- Name: FK #4 Custom Mission Server
- IP: arma4.fkservers.eu
- Port: 2402
- Password: On Request
- Modset Here - Now with preset functionality