This training is aimed at people who are new to the FK. Whether you are brand new to ARMA, or you are a veteran coming to grips with our Modset, this training is for you.
Topics that will be covered:
- How to successfully join our servers
- What happens in the TS Main Mission and Off-hours rooms
- Slotting procedure and what happens in the spawn area
- ACE Arsenal - How to get yourself equipment you'll need
- ACE Interactions - Utilising your equipment and interacting with objects
- ACE Medical - How not to bleed out
- Utilising the Short Range Radio and general principles of communication
- Introduction to Light Anti-Tank (LAT) that Riflemen use
- Answering your questions about FK, ARMA missions, and in-game mechanics (to the best of my ability)
- Brief introduction to BLUFOR and OPFOR vehicles (if time allows)
- Using the rangefinder and working with map (if time allows)
Although we will be learning how to quickly and efficiently create a loadout that has all your basics, one that I've created will be made public as an example. Feel free to save and utilise it as you wish.
Attending and completing Basic Training will grant you 1 of the 4 referral points required to attain the 'Regular' status in our community, and proceed to earning tags for more advanced roles.
How to join
Please RSVP here and be at "Basic Training" room on TS at given time. We will be conducting this training on server 1.
Time in the calendar should be automatically adjusted to your own timezone, but just to make sure, this training will start at 1500 BST. Expect roughly 2 hours of time taken, but consider that dealing with technical issues and minor delays could add approximately 20 minutes.
You're expected to have the mods from our modset downloaded via Steam. Make sure you have the April 2021 Modset.
Current modset is here:
The best way of making sure you have exactly what you need is to click that "PRESET FILE" link, open your Arma 3 launcher, go to MODS section and import the file - it will auto-subscribe mods you need, start downloading them and create Mod Preset for FK. Then even if you're playing elsewhere and have hundreds of other mods you'll load only the correct ones.
Please install the TFAR Plugin in Teamspeak. Make sure it is the (BETA!!!) version featured in the Modset.
If you do not feel confident that your TFAR has been installed correctly, arrive a couple of minutes early and I'll be happy to help sort things out.
IP and password will be given to you before we join the server.
Rules on how to conduct yourself in an FK Arma mission:
Recommended bindings and ACE settings - we will cover these during the training as well. This is contained up there ↑ too.
TFAR guide - will be covered to some extent, contains list of of radios for each faction.
Rifleman's Basic Medical guide - for injury treatment
Weapons Guide - What you can take and when.