This is basics for CC not for gunships and flying in general. This means there will be little talk about tactics and communications. This trainings main focus is the technical side behind sitting in the gunner slot of a gunship.
The birds we are mainly going to use for this training are the AH-1Z Cobra, AH-6M Littlebird, AH-64 Apache, Mi-24 Hind and RAH-66 comanche.
Main topics that will be covered: Italic stuff is only very briefly talked about!
- The roles of a gunship
- Your rights and duties as a gunship crew
- The roles of specific crew slots.
- Launch detection
- Main cannon
Hellfire (Laser and Radar)
- tactics and strike theory
- IFF and making the right judgement on when to ask and when to shoot first (universal RoE)
- Example scenarios (This is where you get to do the shooty shooty thing)
- Emergency procedures (Same thing as in all other 101)
This training is up to everybody but regular+ get priority. If the RSVP is full come back a few hours before the training starts ... last time we had nearly half of the attendees dropped out after being RSVPed. (We then just let everybody into the flight training room)
Training will be held on the second server. (Fly bois / CC tagholder who just want to listen in and maybe learn a few new things (but don't want to do the full training) feel free to just hop in and stay a bit in the back. Still keep in mind the template is limited to 17 people)
Btw if you got 1 hour and 45 minutes of time feel free to prepare with watching this video (keep in mind it is a bit outdated so don't take everything in it for granted)