Originally made by @Gomez919, to be updated by Medical Trainers
Valid for ACE version 3.12.6 (not the Medical Rewrite)
The purpose of this document is to hopefully equip both up-and-coming, and existing medics with a greater understanding of how blood pressure can be used in the treatment and triage of players.
The document is shown in the image below, a PDF is available via the link at the bottom of the post.
The first page shows a simple flow chart, providing a general template for the process of treating a patient, with the focus on determining what it will take to rouse an unconscious patient and establishing if the unconsciousness is due to pain or blood loss.
The second page provides a brief outline to the purpose of the chart, abbreviations used and some disclaimers. As well as several tables which outline the following:
• Different events which can occur following an injury and the associated blood pressure values.
• Average values for the increase/decrease of blood pressure from morphine and epinephrine.
• Range of values for the increase/decrease of heart rate from morphine and epinephrine.
• Average values for the increase in blood pressure from the administration of fluids.
• Corresponding ranges for blood pressure and heart rate, relating to the information non-medics receive from observations.
If anyone has any questions regarding any aspects of this, then please feel free to get in touch, or regarding anything they may wish to see in the future.
Link for PDF: