Have you ever thought about running the Platoon in a mission? Not sure where to start but keen to get into it? Tried it once and unsure about a few things?
Then this is for you!
This session will be part classroom, part practical. The rough syllabus/discussion points will be as follows:
1. Go through order of briefing:
- Picking Camo
- Listening to Zeus briefing
- Taking account of what squads/assets you have available
2. Top Level Planning:
- Assigning Squads to Objectives
- Assigning certain roles (and equipment) to Squads (AA/MAT/HAT/Demining/Demolitions, etc)
- How do we get there?
- FUPs, OoM and Speed limits
3. Planning Objectives:
- Teamwork (Positioning to assist each other, bounding movement)
- Picking approach routes
- Overwatch and when to do it
- Placement of squads & assets and their attack vectors and sectors
- Preplanning or mapping the AO.
4. Bad situations and how to handle them
5. Managing Comms: LR, SR and Local
If RSVP is full or you are an FNG, please comment your interest below and we will do our best to accommodate you on the day.