Note the timeslot is elongated just to cover if it goes long. It may be much shorter.
New to Arma/ACE and want to learn the basics of map reading (and then some)? Ever been lost in missions without GPS or BFT? Need to mark targets on the map but aren't sure where to start?
This training is all for you!
This session will be part classroom, part practical. The rough syllabus/discussion points will be as follows:
- Compass usage (bearings, terms like “North-North East” / “North by North-East”)
- Grid Coordinates
- Height lines/high points
- Landmarks and map features (Power lines, church etc markers - http://getactics.com/media/wp-content/uploads/map-symbols.png)
- Key binds/Ace Interaction
- Marking point on the map using rangefinder and compass
- Establishing range to a known point without rangefinder
- Target Reference Points and pre-planning
If RSVP is full or you are an FNG, please comment your interest below and we will do our best to accommodate you on the day.