This session will be run by Tomo and myself.
This will be an event covering basic Long-Range-Communications-Routine. If you have never touched a LR, this is for you. If you're still uncomfortable on the LR, this is for you. We are aiming for these to be around two hours long, but depending on how many people there are and how quick we get through all the points, it may take less time.
We'll be going over the following points:
1. What is LR used for? (What will you hear on the LR)
2. 69, 68, 67 and Short-Range Comms (in Comparison)
3. How to setup your Long-Range-Radio (what do these buttons do)
4. Phrases and Words (Why you shouldn't say "over and out" or "repeat")
5. Training Time
6. Additionals (this includes 6-Digit Grid references, SitReps and handling two channels at once)
7. Questions and Additions (by either you or me)
8. More Training Time
If you have any Questions or suggestions regarding this, feel free to drop a comment.
People who RSVP and don't turn up without solid reason, will have mean things thought about them.