Jump to content

Slouchy's Simple Sessions

    

Training Planner
Slouchy Orc

Event details

Next session aimed towards the new guys. This session was an eye opener as in the demand for these sessions which is which I plan to do these once a week. Also do to the huge crowd that showed up, which I'm happy about, I am putting a limit on as I had to 'enlist' the help of some other 'capable' people which means I had to split up the group. For the this session I want to keep the group together so I am limiting the number to 20. This should let me get through everything in the two hours. Now for those who are curious to want I am going to be talking about I finally manage to come up with a list.

  • Arsenal 101
  • ACE Medical and how to not die
  • Iron Sight Ranging 
  • Combat Stances
  • Short Range Radio

Recommended Comments



Will be my first time playing with You guys. Hopefully i'll be able to join Your medic squads in real missions. 

Share this comment


Link to comment

I assume that the calendar event takes the timezones into account automatically. It shows as 17:00 to 19:00 and I am in at UTC+2. (Just checking. I do not want to miss it. ) 

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, hefa said:

I assume that the calendar event takes the timezones into account automatically. It shows as 17:00 to 19:00 and I am in at UTC+2. (Just checking. I do not want to miss it. ) 

You would be correct in that

Share this comment


Link to comment
8 hours ago, Tier161 said:

Will be my first time playing with You guys. Hopefully i'll be able to join Your medic squads in real missions. 

Have fun!

Share this comment


Link to comment

Will gladly hop aboard, learning is always a good thing :) Will reserve the time slot with partner and kids to be daddy time :D

Share this comment


Link to comment

I can do a full on medical training afterwards if people are interested. Might start doing them myself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, BonSie said:

I can do a full on medical training afterwards if people are interested. Might start doing them myself.

Very much interested in that. I don't exactly understand how Your role system works, if i join each mission fast enough before slots are taken, is it possible to be a medic permamently? Will there be a med evac squad? Basically i'd love all possible knowledge on being a full time medic in FK. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
42 minutes ago, BonSie said:

I can do a full on medical training afterwards if people are interested. Might start doing them myself.

Sounds interesting. Count me in :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Tier161 said:

Very much interested in that. I don't exactly understand how Your role system works, if i join each mission fast enough before slots are taken, is it possible to be a medic permamently? Will there be a med evac squad? Basically i'd love all possible knowledge on being a full time medic in FK. 

For FNGs it's hard to take the slot, usually regulars take it before the FNGs come in. Occasionally there is a MEDEVAC but rarely.

Share this comment


Link to comment
8 minutes ago, BonSie said:

For FNGs it's hard to take the slot, usually regulars take it before the FNGs come in. Occasionally there is a MEDEVAC but rarely.


So i have to become a regular before becoming a medic? 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Tier161 said:


So i have to become a regular before becoming a medic? 

Technically not, but in the future you'll have do actual medic training before you're allowed in a medic slot. Currently it's just that regulars take the slot before the FNGs are allowed to slot up. If you're a FNG and a medic slot is open you're free to take it as long as you're at least competent.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, BonSie said:

Technically not, but in the future you'll have do actual medic training before you're allowed in a medic slot. Currently it's just that regulars take the slot before the FNGs are allowed to slot up. If you're a FNG and a medic slot is open you're free to take it as long as you're at least competent.


I'm in the game right now learning about Medical UI, enjoying it very much, learning about pain, bleeding, various drugs etc. I was thinking about joining a mission for the first time right after this event training in this post. Hopefully will be competent enough to start with my dream job. :P 

Share this comment


Link to comment

If anyone has taken part in my session before you know that I dedicate (at least try to) the last 30 minutes to go over any questions. If no one has any questions I try to do a medic training session as the introduction I give to the new guys is not that much different from the medical system. With how we have it implemented the medic system is not that different from what basic riflemen have to do. While my sessions server to only introduce the new guys to the game mechanics I see no reason why there can't be other sessions that follow mine that would go into more detail.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Finally one on a day I can attend. I mean I still have to get up at 4am but it'll be good to go over what I don't know

Share this comment


Link to comment

hopefully i can get off work on time. alltho it is a meat head piramid scam cocktail party so i may not make it back in time.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Frankasaurus Rex

Posted (edited)

A quick question. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i am really unfamiliar with TS; what channel should i be in? Or is there another way we are going to communicate?

Edited by Frankasaurus Rex

Share this comment


Link to comment

Basically all you have to do is be in the general training channel before I give the go ahead to move into the server. I will be in there so just look for me and join the server I am in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Xerepus

Posted (edited)

When is best time to join TS?? I guess 10 mins before event :D

Edit: Im sorry but i can't make it to the session in time. :(

 

Edited by Xerepus

Share this comment


Link to comment

Will it be possible to fill up empty slots in case people don't show up?

edit: typo

Edited by Crelax

Share this comment


Link to comment

Yup if people do not show up or are having issues with their mods that would cause them to miss the session people are more than welcome to join in. But I don't want the number to go over 20 so just keep an eye out for that

Share this comment


Link to comment
FlatpackBuffalo

Posted

2 hours ago, Slouchy Orc said:

Yup if people do not show up or are having issues with their mods that would cause them to miss the session people are more than welcome to join in. But I don't want the number to go over 20 so just keep an eye out for that

This was me last week. ARMA kept crashing. Everything is sorted now though, so I'll be there!

Share this comment


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy