First of all a bit of additional information. There will be two types of events for mortar training and evaluation.
- Only training (max of 8 people)
- Training with an evaluation at the end (max of 4 people)
Alternatively a one on one training or evaluation is also possible!
This training is an ONLY TRAINING event. No evaluations are planned during this event. If we got time at the end of the event, I might be able to evaluate a person or two! Else look out for the training + evaluation events coming soon™ or do a one on one evaluation by contacting the trainers directly.
All of this will be written up into the mortar section on the forum soon™.
- Have basic knowledge about the ACE interaction system.
Be able to do to very basic math at a reasonable speed ... Either in your head, on paper or with a normal calculator.
I'm talking about stuff like:
- 5.88 + (-104.2) = -98.32
- 0.7 * 8.4 = 5.88
- (1 - 793.28 / 1013.25) * 100 * -4.8 ≈ -104.2
- I'm talking about stuff like:
What will we teach during this event:
- Mortar crew loadout
Map reading for
- mortar setup location.
- distance to target and height difference
How to read rangetables
- Mk6 / L16 (82mm)
- M6 (60mm)
- Kestrel usage (wind, temperature, air pressure)
- Doing the calculations by hand with basic tools like pen, paper, calculator
- How to respond to the RTO calling in a firemission
- How to adjust fire (RTO calls: "rounds where 200m short" or "50m long" ...)
- How to prepare for incoming fire missions (what can you calculate before RTO calls for the firemission)
- Load, aim and fire all kinds of mortars (Mk6, L16, M6, 120mm, ...)
- How to use "extra tools" like the MicroDagr or Vector21 to help with the calculations
- Very basic drone usage.
Taking part in this training DOES NOT give you any priority during slotting.
RSVP Regulars have priority, FNG's may be able to join if there are not enough Regs+. If you are a FNG do not RSVP. Just write a comment that you would like to take part.
We are limiting the RSVP to 8 people but most of the time not everybody who RSVP'ed shows up. Feel free to just be there at the time and you probably will be able to get in. (This includes FNGs ... just be there on time and more often than not we will include you into the training.)
Be sensible, an amount of extreme fuckery (completely unnecessary or unrelated fucking around, stupid delays due to not paying attention .etc.) will get you kicked out of the training, possibly even with a ban, and maybe even a ban from further trainings.