THIS IS AN EVENT USING A CUSTOM MODPACK RUNNING ON FK4. IT WILL BE THE OFFICIAL FIRST MAIN
A Darkhorse Aeroscout chopper has gone down while on Visual Recon due to hostile ground fire near Long Vinh. The Loach's high cover Cobra is holding station and has requested that Scramble 1 and ARP be dispatched immediately.
Your orders are to locate and rescue the downed Aeroscout crew and then to find, fix and destroy the hostile guns that downed our bird.
FORCES : (Tags take Priority)
- Darkhorse Four-Six, Aero Rifle Platoon (ARP)
- Outcast One-Six (Loach Scout)
- Longhorn Three-Five (Cobra Gunship)
- Joker One-One (Huey Slick) [possibly adding a second if numbers dictate]
- Players will be representing the 1st Bn, 4th Cavalry Regiment ("Quarter Cav")
- The Loach and Cobra are a Cavalry "Pink Team". The Loach's job is to go low and slow, locate hostiles and mark them for the Cobra to engage. They are also responsible for guiding infantry elements.
- The Huey will be providing transport and resupply ("Ass and Trash" missions).
- Riflemen - Take base M16 variants (not M16A1/A2 etc).
- SLs/Pilots - Take M16s or CAR15s & 1911.
- MG Gunners - Take an M60 & 1911.
- One MG per squad can be replaced with an M79. Grenadier should take a 1911.
- Magazines are restricted to 20 round capacity.
- Only 15 Magazines, 5 non-smoke grenades, 8 belts of ammo or 15 40mm grenades may be taken. 5 pistol magazines may be carried.
- Riflemen are encouraged to carry an extra 7.62mm belt for the 60 gunner.
- GPS are forbidden.
- No personal (SR) radios are permitted.
- No optics of any kind. You'll be too close to use them anyway.
- ONLY the RTO can carry a LR.