I'll need to a revise this and potentially expand, but for now the video by @CrustaShrimp is enough.
Basic theory of additional channels:
- You can set your AN/PRC-152, FADAK and most if not all long range radios to be able to receive and send on two different frequencies. Combined up to 4 different frequencies if you want to actually lose your mind.
Default TFAR keybinds are:
- Caps Lock - talking on currently selected channel on SR
- T - talking on additional channel on SR
- Ctrl + Caps Lock - talking on currently selected channel on LR
- Ctrl + T - talking on additional channel on LR
- Avoid using frequencies in potential use for fireteams - 1x0, which means 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, ...
- Favourite choices for fireteams are 1x1 and 1x2 (111, 112, 121, 122, ...)
- Common use for additional channels on SR is direct communication with asset crew and separate frequencies for fireteams.
- Common use for additional channels on LR is being on both infantry and asset nets (RTO, FAC, sometimes Prophet, ...).
The video guide on how to set it up on AN/PRC-152: