SHORT VERSION FOR EXPERIENCED ARMA 3 PLAYERS
- Read the rules
- Use this preset file to install all FK mods for ARMA 3 (how to)
- Install TeamSpeak
- Install TFAR radio
- Connect to our TeamSpeak server and join our main mission starting at 7pm BST each day
- Need help? Connect to our TeamSpeak or Discord
LONG VERSION FOR NEW ARMA 3 PLAYERS
We have some rules. Please read them over before you start playing
What do I need to get playing?
You need the base game of ARMA 3 to join our missions. Two maps, Tanoa and Livonia, require you to have bought the APEX and Contact DLC. Any other map is playable using the base game.
What about mods? I need mods, right?
Correct. We use a load of different mods and files to make your gaming experience better.
1. Installing the mods
To be able to join the missions you first need to have the mods.
Use the PRESET FILE. This preset is an HTML file that you can load into the launcher and will automatically load the correct mods and subscribe to those you don't have yet. To reliably open the file, you must do the following:
- Open the Arma 3 Launcher
- Open the MODS tab
- Drag the HTML file into the launcher; it should indicate that you can drop the file in the launcher.
- Make sure to save the preset by clicking the dropdown menu in the top right and selecting "Save As..."
If that doesn't work for you, there is a second way to get the mods. Go to the WORKSHOP COLLECTION and click "Subscribe to all" at the top of the list. When you have done that you need to go to the mods tab in the launcher and manually load all the required mods. It is more work, and there is a bigger chance you make a mistake, but it is the only alternative if the preset file didn't work for you.
That should be all you need to do to get the mods working; you are almost ready to participate in our missions. There is just one more step required.
2. Installing Task Force Arrowhead Radio on TeamSpeak
To communicate in-game we use TFAR, which is a mod but also requires a TeamSpeak plugin to function. We are currently using plugin version 1.0.318, make sure you use that version and no other to avoid issues.
Follow these steps to install the plugin:
- Go to steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@Task Force Arrowhead Radio (BETA!!!)\teamspeak
- There you should find a file called "task_force_radio.ts3_plugin". (!Workshop is a hidden folder, so if you can't open the folder search on google how to unhide folders in your OS.)
- Double click the file to open it; you should see the following window.
If it gives an error and doesn't show the window do the following:
- Right-click the file
- Select "Open with..."
- Select "TeamSpeak 3 Package Install"
- If that isn't listed, click "More apps ↓" and scroll down to "Look for another app on this PC". Otherwise you can continue to step 3.
- Then navigate to where you installed TeamSpeak and select the file "package_inst.exe".
- In the new window that opened up click the "Install" button at the bottom. Follow the instructions that pop up after that.
- Finally, to make sure it works go in TeamSpeak to Tools > Options > Addons, the plugin should show up as shown below. Make sure the highlighted button says "Enabled".
- To check if you did everything correctly, you can click on yourself in TeamSpeak and it should show the following highlighted part in your description.
You are now set to start participating in our missions. However you may want to use additional mods, such as sound and visual mods; if you want to know more about that, read the next part.
3. Optional Allowed Mods
We allow some additional mods on our servers, ones that enhance your immersion or give you extra tools you can use as Zeus or as a lead element. To make sure people don't abuse this, we are using the ACE Whitelist for mods, which will kick people if they are using mods that we don't allow. Check this post to see which mods we allow.
If you get an error from ACE saying there is a mismatch, make sure to check the chat to see what mods you are running that are not allowed. If you are uncertain what is causing the issue, you can ask a staff member for help, or that might be another community member willing to help.
Wait! This isn't sounding like the YouTube Stuff!
Wellll... It is, and it isn't.
We are a Semi-Realistic server. Meaning we like to have fun and a joke - But while playing in a semi-serious way. We have Squads, Squad Leads, and Platoon Leads. All orders go down the line. Not up. You can certainly ask your Squad Leader a question, or help out where needed - But in the end - What he says, goes. If he tells you to take a village by force, that's what you're going to do. If you don't like it, suck it up.
What about helicopters/jets/tanks/snipers?
These positions are restricted to Regulars and above, not FNG's (The smiley face you may have on TeamSpeak).
After you play for a few weeks and we think you've played enough, you will become a Regular. From there, you can mess around in the ARMA editor or attend training to learn how to operate assets such as Aircraft or Tanks. Once you think you're ready, slot into an asset slot if Zeus has told everyone it is available.
Be aware, make sure you know what to do as the asset, or we won't be happy.
I want to join MrYouTuber200 and MrsTwitch3000's squad!
We try to enforce the whole "DON'T FANBOY" thing. If we find ANYONE fanboying in which you keep joining a certain persons squad, or attaching to that squad, we'll kick you. People come here to chill out and play. Not to put up with fanboys and having people hang onto them the whole way.
How do I join one of the ARMA 3 missions?
Simple! Join our Teamspeak. From there, wait around!
- We play our main mission every single day at 7pm BST sharp
- Join the 'Arma Start Room' TeamSpeak channel atleast a couple of minutes before 7pm BST
- You will be given the password while in that TeamSpeak channel
If we find anyone handing these out - We will change the server password and you will be banned. We're fine giving it out, but under a controlled circumstance. And don't say the password out loud!
I don't know a lot about ARMA though!
Before playing your first mission we recommend you to check out our calendar and attend one of our basic training courses.
You can also have a look at these guides to help you out.
Need help? Connect to our TeamSpeak or Discord