Although this is not an official guide from the trainers, I'm one of the tank wankers that knows this Community can't do Mechanized Platoons at all. I'll work the actual armor trainers to get a proper guide.
These are the simple points that need attention the most when doing a mechanized platoon in my eyes.
- Armored vehicles don't like tight spaces, avoid urban and wooded areas as much as possible and don't take the obvious route.
Drivers briefing and communications
- Drivers need to be briefed on the procedures when encountering certain scenarios and need on a common long range to ease communication. Possibly the appointment of a convoy director would be an idea.
Never sit still
- If ambushed don't sit still like a bloody potato, either burst trough it reverse to fuck out.
Keep the road clear
- Never sit still on road. Get of the road in order to make way for the heavy armor. Another idea is to move the convoy in a staggered line.
- Use large amounts of spacing during a convoy (atleast 50 meters), this prevents that a large amount of the convoy can get caught in a ambush and it leaves room to retreat a safely as well as preventing nasty ARMA incidents.
- Your armored vehicles likely has smoke charges. Use it commanders so to get out of a sticky situations.
- Please don't rush cities like retard, that's a recipe for getting a RPG in the ass. When entering a town, please let one of the squads dismount the immediate area around the main road.
- Another way of doing a convoy is dividing it in separate sections/groups. This way the first group can clear a certain hostile section and when the all clear is giving the second group takes point so the first group can remount their vehicles and immediately join the rear of the convoy.
This is just a simple guide on the major points that need improvement. We will work on a proper guide in the future.
Edited by Sarissa