The Gallipoli Campaign

Nugget30

Alright Chaps, listen up. Russia has joined forces with Turkey (Following the Monte Cassino Mission) which makes it very difficult for us to invade Russia from the south. We must punch through the Turkish defenses to allow us to get to the Black Sea. Their main stronghold along the Straits is Gallipoli. This has been done before during the Great War and that was a failure but this time, with modern weaponry and better knowledge of what to do right in order to succeed. This is a joint Operation between British Forces, Australian Forces, and New Zealand Forces.

Nationalities are as follows

British

Aussie

New Zealand

Uniforms:

British Uniform

20170525110858_1.thumb.jpg.3211e58a6c3dd32914406322f28fc47a.jpg

Weapons- L85A2, L85A2 with L123A2 Ladder/SL, L110A2LMG/AR. LAT- ILAW HEDP

Combat Uniform MTP Royal Marine

Osprey MK4 MTP Vest

Helmet MK7 MTP

Scope Restriction: Use of LDS Only

Royal Marine Patch

Aussie Uniform

20170525112151_1.thumb.jpg.1ad927eade90807fb76537886d5d3880.jpg

Weapons- Steyr AUGA1 Carbine, Steyr AUGA3(GL)/SL, FN Minimi/AR. LAT- ILAW HEDP

MNP: AUSCAM Fatigues

MNP: AUSCAM Combat Vest

MNP: AUSCAM Boonie or AUSCAM MICH

New Zealand Uniform

20170525112748_1.thumb.jpg.c480fcc60bcab199bb7c3096c5e7fc3a.jpg

Weapons- Steyr AUGA1 Carbine, Steyr AUGA3(GL)/SL, FN Minimi/AR, ILAW HEDP/LAT

MNP: NZMCU Fatigues

MNP: OD Plate Carrier

MNP: NZMCU Boonie or NZMCU MICH

SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM FOR MISSIONS!!!!

Edited by Nugget30
  • Upvote 2

I don't remember any of the CMs being approached about this campaign at all.

Without it being checked and approved as an event there's no guarantee you'll get to Zeus at all.

45 minutes ago, Sarissa said:

I don't remember any of the CMs being approached about this campaign at all.

Without it being checked and approved as an event there's no guarantee you'll get to Zeus at all.

I haven't yet, I was gonna see what the feedback was first before I went to the CM's

Dam @Nugget30 you have taken one of my PMC mission ideas that I was working on xD for some time, you even have the same map I was going 2 use as well, you beat me 2 it but mission idea looks fun

16 hours ago, whifey said:

so A&B give all the orders and C,D,E&F all go die?

sounds awesome

i gotta be in C or D

19 minutes ago, Guest said:

Suicide squads best squads!

Erhmmmm.... All units in Gallipoli were basically suicide squads during the actuall campaign... Something like 500,000 Commonwealth troops were mowed down on those beaches.... So be prepared for that :D

1 minute ago, Nugget30 said:

Erhmmmm.... All units in Gallipoli were basically suicide squads during the actuall campaign... Something like 500,000 Commonwealth troops were mowed down on those beaches.... So be prepared for that :D

Hmm @Nugget30 me likey :D

3 minutes ago, Nugget30 said:

Well if you want to die like they did, gotta convince the CM's to let me do it since I don't have Zeus tags yet

Hehehe it's not up to me to convince them mate!
You've zeused a first mission before, just plan it out, tell them your idea for the campaign and maybe get someone with a zeus tag to help you.

I'm up for it though always love your missions.

Campaign Missions Outlook:

OPERATION NEPTUNE:

20170525110239_1.thumb.jpg.2f07a5eeaed6ef462c05535ae8eb21ae.jpg

Main Objective: Secure and Hold a Beachhead to allow more Commonwealth Troops to land.

Objective 1: Secure Fort Osman to cease heavy artillery fire upon the arriving on the beaches and to use as a FOB

Objective 2: Secure the towns of Tiberia and Iguana

Objective 3: Secure Fort Istanbul as a launching point for future inland operations and to limit AA Capabilities on the Southern Shores

Objective 4: Secure the Town of Dolores and kill or capture the General of the Russian 6th Armored Division

Mission Status: INACTIVE- MISSION SUCCESS

Mission was a success despite heavy casualties sustained by all three countries. We also suffered a loss of one LAV-25A2. We were able to knock out the enemies AA capability along the southern side which will allow us to move in air power for future ops. We are also able to move in our own armored units. The wounded have been moved out to the hospital ship and we have been able to bring in fresh men and establish a front line. More good news for us is that the movement of the Russian 6th Armoured Division has been delayed. The prisoner we took at the Military base in Dolores is being held at HQ until he tells us what we want then he will be transferred to a POW camp

Current Force Placement:

20170601212931_1.thumb.jpg.90e5c8065c7764ba7d051128155109aa.jpg

OPERATION JUPITER:

20170607120336_1.thumb.jpg.b29bf25ba110b8327e5e899057747b7b.jpg

Gentlemen, High Command has cut our next set of orders and has sent them down the line. After a week of fighting, we have been stalled along the Churchill Line (Seen above as the Blue Squares) and we need to break out or our campaign is a bust and the NATO forces attacking Russia from the West will be without our support. We must push back the Turks and establish a new defensive line in time to catch the Russian 6th Armoured Division off-guard. The Turk's are currently being supported by the 23rd Russian Infantry Division and 17th Russian Airborne Division. We have also received news of a Spetznatz Unit operating out of Samato. We are hoping the weather will work in our favor and ground enemy air assets so we can do this un-harassed by helo's. We will still have to contend with enemy artillery operating out of Fort Mehmed. There is also a rumor coming from an inside source that the Turks have laid down minefields but we do not know where yet. This is an all British Operation. Australian and New Zealand Forces are staying behind to defend our flanks and our beach head. We will have 2 reinforcement waves at our disposal, we are also being backed by a Challenger 2 from the from the Kings Royal Hussars and 2 Warrior Fighting Vehicles.

Main Objective: Renew the Offensive, and push back the Turks before the Russian Armor mobilizes

Objective 1: Clear out the Turkish Staging Area

Objective 2: Liberate the POW Camp and return all Prisoners back behind friendly lines

Objective 3: Capture the town of Samato

Objective 4: Capture Fort Mehmed

Assets:

1x Challenger

2x Warrior Fighting Vehicles

MISSION STATUS: INACTIVE- Mission Success

Gentlemen. Although we completed our objectives, we took extremely heavy casualties when the Russians managed to move up their Armor division and drop parachutists behind us. We were hoping to catch the Turks off-guard and we did, but we took too long taking Fort Mehmed and the town of Somato which lead to enemy reinforcements being mobilized and brought up quickly to stop our advance. Russian air also surprised us by flying in the terrible weather. High command knows what happened, and will be constructing our next operation around the new intel we received from our Russian friend who turned out to be the Russian 6th Armoured commander. (Side Note: Damn New Zealand wouldn't give me their damn units other then Special Forces.)

Current Force Placement:

20170625091445_1.thumb.jpg.e9748130d783cc48ce8e967fe4fc4aaa.jpg

Operation Mars:

20170630115009_1.thumb.jpg.8d9e67638326ae1adabda01c704e431c.jpg

Gentlemen, new orders have come in. Australian and NZAC forces will be making the assault. The town of Ortego is a key Strategic Point in this campaign, securing it will allow us to stabilize our line and poise us to take the eastern half of the peninsula. After we have Ortego, we need to hold it. The Turks will do anything to get it back. There is also a military base to the North of Ortego that house's a Turkish Commander. We must take him alive so we may learn about the defenses surrounding Paraiso and Corazol. We must not cross into either city, otherwise our forces will be running in blind and we will end up losing many men. Our final objective is securing the road between Corazol and Paraiso. This road is a supply route between the Mainland and the peninsula. Cutting this supply line will secure us our victory on the peninsula, and will bleed them of supplies until they surrender. If they do not, then further Operations will need to be conducted to root them out.

Assets:

1x M1A1 Abrams (AU)

1x LAV 25A2 (NZAC)

1x UH-60 Blackhawk (AU)

Mission StatusINACTIVE: MISSION SUCCESS

Current Force Placement:

20170710122432_1.thumb.jpg.a75adcdbf977c4a9316353e50a5df020.jpg

Good work on punching a hole through the enemy line men. We have managed to cut the Supply line from Corazol to Paraiso, meaning that we now control the fate of the southern peninsula. In the coming days, expect new Orders to be cut to take the rest of the peninsula.

Operation Pluto

20170803093656_1.thumb.jpg.ff3519e40f333a74bb8d1dc797d63cf3.jpg

Gentlemen, this is our last attempt to take the southern Peninsula before high command orders all operating forces in Turkey out. We have taken too many casualties, and unless we take the town of Paraiso, the Gallipoli Campaign is finished. Three times we have assaulted Parasio, three times we have failed. This must succeed! Our objectives are as follows: Capture the town of Parasio, and capture the airbase to the north. Capturing the airbase is vital to the campaign as we can bring in our fixed wing aircraft immediately instead of waiting on the HMS Queen Elizabeth to arrive. This also means that the enemy will be limited to Rotary Wing aircraft for the rest of the campaign. From what the previous assaults have run into and from what information we have received from POWs, both objectives are heavily fortified. AA, AT, Artillery, Minefields, the works. Enemy armor activity is very high in the region. Operation begins at 0500. Good Luck gentlemen.

Assets:

1x FV4034 Challenger 2

1x Wildcat H1---- "Woody 1-1"

1x Prophet team

Mission Status- INACTIVE--- MISSION FAIL

We were not expecting them to counter attack and that caused us to take heavy casualties. This failure means high command is pulling all commonwealth forces out of Turkey. We can only hope that our allies to the north have better luck than we did.

Edited by Nugget30
  • Upvote 5

Asset List:

Britain:

5x FV4034 Challenger 2

10x FV510 Warrior

4x Merlin HC3 18

3x Wildcat H1

Australia:

5x M1A1 Abrams

2x UH-60 Blackhawk

New Zealand:

3x LAV-25A2's

Losses:

1x LAV-25A2- US Loaned Vehicle

1x UH-60 Blackhawk (AU)

Edited by Nugget30

LETTER FROM HIGH COMMAND

Gentlemen, good work on taking it to the Russian and Turkish forces. Day after day we are getting closer to victory. Our Navy stands unopposed in the waves, and our sections fight for the glory of the Commonwealth. I am proud to be commanding this Campaign and am proud of the sacrifice made by the men under my command. You men are making me look very good with the Higher ups. SO please enjoy the present of beer and whiskey arriving soon as my gratitude. Good morale among my men is important. It is important to winning this war.

Lieutenant General William Henry

Commander, Commonwealth Forces, Eastern Operations

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

CESSATION OF CAMPAIGN

GENERAL ORDER

Today marks the end of the Gallipoli Campaign. As it was 100 years ago, casualties mounted to high and we must pull out. The effort of our brave men who died on the beaches, in hills, and on the fields will not be forgotten. We did our best but it wasn't enough. The enemy exploited our mistakes, and we could not counter. To the families of the fallen men, I am sorry. I had hoped we could succeed, but we could not. I will never forget how my men sacrificed themselves in the sake of our country.

Lieutenant General William Henry

Commander, Commonwealth Forces, Eastern Operations