N.o.N. LAMBS vs. FK (TvT Idea)

BigT

First of all, i'm not a mission maker, so this is a suggestion to them and the people of FK. To see if anybody is intressted.

As some of you might know and many have witnessed, NoPryl LAMBS is essentialy the birthplace of FK. We played some of their scripted missions and some people here play on both servers.

Now i had the idea for a event, where we try to find out who has the better players (in a fun and enjoyable way, it's not really meant as a true meassurement).

We make a team of FK play against a Team from LAMBS.

Maybe someone is intressted enough to make it possible.

*Disclaimer*
I'm in no way representative of any of the mentioned groups. This is merely a suggestion/idea i had, to get more interaction between different Arma community's and have some fun together.
It is just that. An idea.

Edited by BigT
Added disclaimer
  • Upvote 1

Dragosphere

Lamb's would absolutely destroy us... even if we exploited FK's numbers... don't get me wrong we have some good PVPer's.... most of them are also LAMB's however.

52 minutes ago, Dragosphere said:

Lamb's would absolutely destroy us... even if we exploited FK's numbers... don't get me wrong we have some good PVPer's.... most of them are also LAMB's however.

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Right this will be a slaughter...

Count me in but im playing with the sheep boyyos.

Yeah probably, but as i mentioned before, it isn't really about winning. It's about getting together and having a bit of fun. I mean we could make it a longer event, with some more fun games as well. For example Helo Vs. Helo.

I would propose something lika the FK festival, with LAMBS invited and at least one TvT match

1 hour ago, Dragosphere said:

14 minutes ago, Digby Tatham-Warter said:

Not interested.

If Nopryl want to slaughter those unprepared for such gameplay, they can find someone else to shoot.

Well FK would outnumber NoPryl by two to one. That helps a bit. And you can always set up a mission in a specific way to make it more balanced. 

NoPryl is good but lets not undervalue FK even though I myself said (jokingly)it would be a slaughter :P We have 'some' PvP experience while NoPryl barely has any. 

If we could do something like the pirate vs russian mission we did a while back that could work. Put NoPryl in a situation in which they are outmanned, outmanouvred and maybe outgunned and it could be a pretty fair fight.

Urist McGLORY
2 hours ago, Lenny said:

If we could do something like the pirate vs russian mission we did a while back that could work. Put NoPryl in a situation in which they are outmanned, outmanouvred and maybe outgunned and it could be a pretty fair fight.

I like how you call outmanned, outmanouvered and outgunned "a fair fight."

Chuck Yeager

I've been probing with other people from similar communities what the possibilities would be with having not a TvT mission, but a team-with-team co-op: two different communities, two seperate platoons.

relax linnet, I haven't contacted them either by representing FK or even mentioning the community.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Urist McGLORY said:

I like how you call outmanned, outmanouvered and outgunned "a fair fight."

:D you know what I mean ! Give a man a rifle and a zombie poses no problem. Give that man a rifle and set loose a horde of zombies.... suddenly you get eaten alive. Its finding that middle balance which gives both sides an equal chance at winning

3 hours ago, Digby Tatham-Warter said:

Not interested.

If Nopryl want to slaughter those unprepared for such gameplay, they can find someone else to shoot.

Nopryl didn't suggest it, nor do they play PvP. Don't make them out as villains here my dude.

• Upvote 5

I have seen u people play PvP while I'm opfor with @Woody. No. Just straight no. You people would be smoked in a heart beat except for 3-4 of you. Most of the people here do literally EVERYTHING you're NOT supposed to do as infantry.

• Upvote 4

I might be a bit biased since i would be playing with LAMBS but maybe some good asswhoopings is what you guys need to improve? If you get creamed by a force half your size I hope it motivates you to keep improving and improving untill you beat LAMBS into submission.

Its how I improve in games, work and general life.... dont be complacent. Find a challenge. Dont be afraid to get your ass kicked.... but learn from the experience and become a better player/person.

anyway.... all this is theoretical :P we dont even know if LAMBS would be interested

I would be agianst this, Why? we have ennough people ourselves to do TvT, you would do an event and have to leave out half FK. 

If though we where to do such event, there are a few conditions under which we may have a small chance, which are:

• Air supperiority
  • Hilly and open environment
  • Armoured assets,
  • Infantery mostly supporting with and covering armoured assets.
  • Keeping them on a distance
  • Locked loadouts for Lambs, and limited loadouts for us
  • Our best commanders, squadleaders, gunners, platoon, spotters, 2ic's in their slots

And even then I think the odds are against us...

Things that will murder us:

• Jungle ops,
  • Urban Combat
  • Close combat
  • No air superiority
  • No assets
  • Locked loadouts,
  • non locked loadouts for everyone....
  • Almost everything else....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Don_prince said:

I would be agianst this, Why? we have ennough people ourselves to do TvT, you would do an event and have to leave out half FK. 

psssst, TvT's can easily accomodate 100-150 people ;)

Edit: also, why do people think LAMBS are bloody gods? They play a bit more serious and thus are better coordinated... but it's not like they are unkillable murdermachines. They also die and lose missions you know.

Edited by Lenny
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

psssst, TvT's can easily accomodate 100-150 people ;)

Edit: also, why do people think LAMBS are bloody gods? They play a bit more serious and thus are better coordinated... but it's not like they are unkillable murdermachines. They also die and lose missions you know.

A good infantery squad that operates as a team annihilates any target that is less organised. 

They even can counter well trained assets if they can work their environment in their favour.... 

It is not about skill, its teamwork and coordination... 

To counter that we need to:

• Lower their numbers, (air superiority)
  • Take away the team advantages as much as possible, (operate from a distance, keep assets safe)
  • Put the battle towards areas we are kind off matched in, (assets)
  • Take an environment in our favour, (so in favour of our assets, which is mountains and open)
  • Rig the game, (fixed loadouts for them, limited for us)
  • Get our best people in, of which unfortunatly a fair share are LAMBS...

And remember, propper teamwork and coordination beats shooting acuracy... 

Katla_Haddock
3 minutes ago, Don_prince said:

A good infantery squad that operates as a team annihilates any target that is less organised. 

They even can counter well trained assets if they can work their environment in their favour.... 

• Take away the team advantages as much as possible, (operate from a distance, keep assets safe)
  • Take an environment in our favour, (so in favour of our assets, which is mountains and open)

I hope you realize we're basically the same as Nopryl, It would be a even fight anyway...

8 hours ago, Digby Tatham-Warter said:

Not interested.

4 hours ago, Woody said:

Nopryl didn't suggest it, nor do they play PvP. Don't make them out as villains here my dude.

Sorry if i didn't state it clearly enough.

But i'll edit it in.

I'm in no way representative of any of the mentioned groups. This is merely a suggestion/idea i had, to get more interaction between different Arma community's and have some fun together.

19 minutes ago, Katla_Haddock said:

I hope you realize we're basically the same as Nopryl, It would be a even fight anyway...

I don't know how good Nopryl is, but i think to that it would be somewhat of a fair fight and if it isn't then we have a challenger to overcome.

2 hours ago, Don_prince said:

*More text*

We have a secondary server, where the event could be hosted, but this is a valid concern and i don't want to leave anybody out. But that's how it is with most events, even without other people, anyway. Sadly we can't just jam 200 people on the servers for any event. So on most events there will be some people left out.

9 hours ago, Digby Tatham-Warter said:

they never said they want to do pvp with us so dont make them the enemy.. 

• Upvote 2

Silver Snow

What about the concept of War Games/Joint-Operations (against AI)? We could set something up like how the USA and South Korea do them together. 

1. We first get 2 experienced Zeuses from FK and their group and let them take a week to set up a mission that can span across multiple days (back to back. E.i. Monday-Thursday).

2. For our community, we create listings on the calendar for the days the games will be on a first come, first serve rules (no body gets priority except CM's of course) or a system where if someone participates on Monday, they can't on Tuesday but they can on Wednesday (this will be for our community so they can decide how they choose players).

3. Run the mission!

Of course people will sit out on some days but as there are multiple days, higher chance for them to take part! Plus, this will show members from both communities what they know and will allow people to meet each other as squads will probably be mixed!

If you want me to ever explain this in more depth, just contact me.

Edited by Silver Snow
  • Upvote 1

Silver Snow
3 hours ago, Don_prince said:

What's the point of doing PVP if you rig the game? It's unfair and people who know the system well will realize and the match will be called off and FK would be in a bad light. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Silver Snow said:

What about the concept of War Games (against AI)? We could set something up like how the USA and South Korea do War Games together.

1. We first get 2 experienced Zeuses from FK and their group and let them take a week to set up a mission that can span across multiple days (back to back).

2. We create listings on the calendar for the days the games will be on and we do a first come, first serve rules (or where if someone participated let's say on Monday, they can't on Tuesday but they can on Wednesday. However, they'll decide on their end how they want to have players join)

3. Run the games!

This will of course cause people to sit out but as it will be across multiple days, people will have a chance to join in!

If you want me to ever explain this in more depth, just contact me.

I have heard of War Games before and that would be pretty damn awesome. So we essentialy work together on a common goal, while everbody plays their own games. Maybe even make a common HQ that plans the mission together and then the zeuses set it up accordingly.

Would be a hell of a lot of fun!

A big problem with join ops is modsets.... one or both communities need to adopt their repo and that will cause issues for the community(s) that need to adapt.

TvT is better because those can be run with a far more minimalistic modset causing less issues for both communities.

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

A big problem with join ops is modsets.... one or both communities need to adopt their repo and that will cause issues for the community(s) that need to adapt.

TvT is better because those can be run with a far more minimalistic modset causing less issues for both communities.

Not really, i would suggest that the missions are run on each respective server, but the thing that transfers are the gamestats (i.E. which towns have been taken, which assests have been destroyed, etc.)

I would suggest that we played as different factions in a joint ops (like IASF), so the mod set wouldn't matter.

Silver Snow
7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

That's true. In all honestly, it could just be the base game and work fine. I just wanted to offer the whole idea of a whole joint ops

• Upvote 1