Canada's 150th - Mission request

gravitydefyingturtle

gravitydefyingturtle

Greetings FK,

I'm not sure if you take Zeus requests, particularly from lowly FNGs like myself, but I was wondering if I might make one anyway. Saturday is Canada's 150th birthday, and I was hoping that whomever is Zeusing on Saturday might consider running an op where we play as the Canadian Forces? There's a decent mod simply called "Canadian Armed Forces" with all of the modern uniforms and gear; not sure how FK goes about vetting a mod, though.

I won't ask for anything more specific mission-wise, and I won't be offended if we don't (I'd be a poor Canadian, otherwise).

Cheers,
gravitydefyingturtle

1 hour ago, gravitydefyingturtle said:

Greetings FK,

I'm not sure if you take Zeus requests, particularly from lowly FNGs like myself, but I was wondering if I might make one anyway. Saturday is Canada's 150th birthday, and I was hoping that whomever is Zeusing on Saturday might consider running an op where we play as the Canadian Forces? There's a decent mod simply called "Canadian Armed Forces" with all of the modern uniforms and gear; not sure how FK goes about vetting a mod, though.

I won't ask for anything more specific mission-wise, and I won't be offended if we don't (I'd be a poor Canadian, otherwise).

Cheers,
gravitydefyingturtle

We won't add a mod by tomorrow - we need to vet every mod we add to the repo.

There are CADPAT uniforms under MNP and you can get US weapons from NIArsenal and RHS but that's as best you can do on our server - you might get lucky and get a Canadian mission, you might not. 

Vesper Akiri
22 minutes ago, Sarissa said:

There are CADPAT uniforms under MNP and you can get US weapons from NIArsenal and RHS but that's as best you can do on our server - you might get lucky and get a Canadian mission, you might not. 

I think BAF has the canadian rifles included, so it's entirely possible

• Upvote 1

gravitydefyingturtle
1 hour ago, Sarissa said:

I figured there would be some kind of vetting process for mods, just wasn't sure how stringent it was. I didn't know there were already CF uniforms in the repo, and yeah most of our rifles are available in some form or another in US and UK armouries. I'm pretty sure that most of our ground vehicles are in the base game too, if you ignore the AAF camo pattern (LAV 3, Leopard 2, etc.).

I'd love a Canadian mission, but I'll be happy simply to play on Saturday if we don't. Just thought I'd make a suggestion.

2 hours ago, Vesper Akiri said:

Sounds fun! We can apologise after every shot we fire.

I may or may not do this already...

gravitydefyingturtle

For anyone who might have been curious, we ended up wearing CADPAT uniforms for @Hekhal's "experimental" mission. Which was a hilarious shit-show.

• Upvote 1