An Idea for Zeuses

Silberjojo

Silberjojo

Hey there, I've just come up with this one. If any of you Zeuses feel like being inspired by this, please do so :D  

Mission Parameters:

• Players are Blufor
  • Med-Evac/Cas-Evac is required
  • Assets:
    • Mortar (required)
    • The Med-Evac Bird (required)
    • CAS (Optional, but not recommended, since Pilots won't have alot to do, because of the amount of AA in the beginning)
    • Maybe a light or medium armoured support Vic, like an LAV or a Bradley
      • This one depends on how many people are present
  • I recommend using a green map for this, as opposed to for example Takistan, because on a map without trees the Emplacements are really easy to spot)

Mission Objectives:

• Clear AA Threat
  • Rescue friendly Units (and Clear Town)
  • 2nd Objective (which is supposed to give the mortar something to do)

Mission Briefing:

• A friendly Squad has gone dark within an enemy town. We need to get them out via Chopper
    • There is 4 people holed up inside a building/compound. They are fighting the Insurgents
    • Getting these guys out is your priority
  • The enemy has several, heavily defended Anti-Air Emplacements on the outskirts of town, which need to be taken out, before we can bring in the Evac-Chopper
  • We might find out, where the enemy HQ in this AO is located. If that is the case (AKA if the mission needs to be longer), we will need to take that out too.
  • There will be Civilians inside the town, not on the outskirts (This is a failure condition)
  • There is no confirmed AA inside the town, but that does not mean that there can't be any

The Basic Idea and mission flow:

• Have the Infantry on the ground find out, where the AA emplacements are
    • Mortar shells them
    • Infantry confirms they are destroyed
  • The players should get punished, if they try to take an emplacement by themselves (this is the mortar's job)
  • The mortar is not able to shell the town, since there are too many civilian lifes and the lifes of our own at risk
  • Infantry is to move in and secure an LZ for the Evac-Chopper
  • Depending on how long the mission has gone on for, additional Objectives, like the HQ or clearing the Town might be issued
Edited by Silberjojo
  • Upvote 3

Urist McGLORY

While having assets is good and all, have you thought how long downtimes they are going to have? No one is going to be volunteering for pilot if literally their job is to swoop in the mission end. 

27 minutes ago, Urist McGLORY said:

No one is going to be volunteering for pilot if literally their job is to swoop in the mission end. 

Fight me fam, I'll do that :D

This is kinda similar to the mission i zeused the other day with woody as the glorious russian general who was being protected by an PMC squad and had to be rescued but i would have no problem making this on a larger scale if thats what people wanted i always enjoy the mixture of defense/offense missions just need the squad thats defending to be on point the whole time. Especially with it being the Casevac medical system as if they take a hit in the first 2 minutes of the mission they are going to be bandaging possible for the next half an hour if they are lucky enough to not bleed out. So that might have to be looked into if its viable as you can be as careful as you like but one rogue piece of shrapnel hits you in the arm and that 1/4 of that defense squad is probably dead or basically dead by the time rescue arrives.

Silberjojo

I was thinking of having the Squad that already is in town be AI. 
If one would make them players, you could think about "upgrading" their medic to a doctor (which is possible with the statue, if I am not mistaken).

Also CAS-EVAC would not be useless since the people on the ground (in conjucntion with the mortar) just have to take out one AA emplacement to make a landing at their location possible. 
You might also give the doctors an armoured ground Vehicle (Like a lunchbox) for Transportation and Treatment.

10 minutes ago, Silberjojo said:

I was thinking of having the Squad that already is in town be AI. 
If one would make them players, you could think about "upgrading" their medic to a doctor (which is possible with the statue, if I am not mistaken).

Also CAS-EVAC would not be useless since the people on the ground (in conjucntion with the mortar) just have to take out one AA emplacement to make a landing at their location possible. 
You might also give the doctors an armoured ground Vehicle (Like a lunchbox) for Transportation and Treatment.

having a squad as ai actually having to fight would be probably hard to do as headless would try to take them over and end up getting them killed hence why it would be easier with players i believe a more experienced zeus would probably have a better idea of that than me also the casevac would still work for the other squads i was more saying for the 4 man team defending for their lives the concept is awesome i love these type of mission ideas just might need a few trial and error runs before they are ironed out into the perfect set up is all would be willing to give these missions a try as a zeus a few times see if they could work maybe on a smaller scale in the off hour missions and then scale it up

• Upvote 1

Maybe give the pilot an unarmed Little Bird as a recon element. A skilled pilot could probably use that to avoid AA while still being able to cover more ground than an IFV or dismounted infantry. 

• Upvote 2