Multilingual NATO op idea (Need feedback)

Forked

Coming up with a Zeus mission involving NATO where multiple nations units are cobbled together hastily to deal with an enemy force, most likely Russian. This will also be a complete cluster fuck even if fully organized so oh well.

MULTIPLE LANGUAGES WILL BE ATTEMPTED TO BE USED, MEANING TRANSLATORS WILL BE NEEDED

This will take time so don't expect this any time soon or if I lose interest in trying to form it.

To accommodate this idea platoon will be modified to work with this idea, as well as use of assets IF AT ALL.

The amount of units needed in platoon squad will depend on how many languages will be used in platoon, Platoon lead will be the English speaking commander, while the other spots will be translators mean to inform PLT lead and relay orders to the squads not using English

What will probably not be changed

1. The platoon lead will be the English country(s) leader and de facto command
  2. The majority of platoon will be English units so people who can not use the languages picked will have a squad to be in
  3. Different long range frequencies will be 69 for English and Zeus, 68 for 2nd language, 67 for 3rd language and so on
  4. Short range comms and local communications will be encouraged and recommended to use the appropriate language your squad is in but not strictly enforced
  5. Long range comms will be required to use the appropriate languages

What will be needed

1. Platoon lead and translators
  2. Squad leads (And languages you can speak fluently enough in)
  3. Enough people who can speak a specific language to at least fill one whole squad and have a translator (9 in total)

All people responding to this post please put in the languages you can fluently speak in and I'll probably update it as I get info.

Languages up for selection based on feedback

• German
  • Dutch
  • Belgian
  • French?
  • Swedish?
  • Danish?

Edited by Forked
  • Upvote 3

We'd have to combine some Scandinavian languages, like Norwegian and Swedish. Don't know what to do about the Danes, since they are incomprehensible to themselves.

9 minutes ago, Tomlolo said:

We'd have to combine some Scandinavian languages, like Norwegian and Swedish. Don't know what to do about the Danes, since they are incomprehensible to themselves.

Well just imagine your speaking a nordic languages with a potato in your mouth

The translator aspect is probably gonna fall short because everybody already has to able to speak english for the majority of our missions. If we could make this a regular planned thing however, I know somebody who was RPG gunner in the east german army and really wouldn't be able to communicate well enough.

Sorting squads by nationality would be silly fun though, mostly because of the dick contests.

Fluent in dutch and english. Can work in french/german if needed for balance but will be pretty basic. (Fully understand both but slight trouble speaking french and german is very basic)

Don_prince

Native on Dutch, Near Native on English, Basic German but fully understand it, Very basic French but do understand it to.

Languages I do not speak but do understand:

Danish,
Norwegian,
Swedish,

Silver Snow

Fluent: English

Semi-Fluent: Russian - I understand it well and can speak it to a degree. Don't know Russian characters but can type in Russian using English characters.

Weak: Spanish

Would be best at being a Russian translator

Edited by Silver Snow