Tomo's Late Night Grab Bag

Tomo

So for a few weeks now if I'm bored or no one else is up for Zeusing I've been running one of a few kinds of missions post mission 3 in the evenings.  So far this consists of 3 types of missions (always in different places/maps), but I may be expanding them in the future.  This thread will be a quick reference point for the description and rules for each kind of mission, so I can throw it out if necessary.  Many of these were inspired by other Zeuses of this community or ideas elsewhere.  I am grateful for the inspiration, and hope to put my own spin on them for a nice change of pace, either to be super tense or really relaxed depending on the type used.  Here are the mission descriptions and rules.

Escape

You are dropped in the middle of nowhere and in the dark with no GPS or Bluforce Tracking.  Your task is to find your way to somewhere that may have an air vehicle and escape, or a long range radio to call one in.

Rules: No GPS, NVGs, Silencers, Long Range backpacks.  Do not go overboard with flares/chemlights.

Survive

Each squad picks a location on the map to defend.  They must then separately survive waves of enemies.  Last one standing wins.

Rules: Take whatever gear you want within server rules.  Excess LAT/MAT is allowed.

Catharsis

Defend or Attack an area while having access to an arsenal.  The idea is to have fun blapping away at stuff for a while.  Respawns are generous.  

Rules:  Most server gear restrictions are lifted (still no miniguns or Grenade Machine Guns), just be considerate of server performance and don't go nuts.  

Outgunned

You are POWs who have managed to escape imprisonment.  You have stolen a small amount of equipment (usually pistols and basics), and have to fight your way out, scavenging enemy equipment and finding a way back to friendly territory.

Rules: No primary weapons.  Sidearms only, restricted to Semi-Auto pistols (No submachine guns).  Only two mags total allowed.  No other equipment of any kind besides basic medical supplies, radios and uniform/vest/helmet.

I'll probably add more to these later as I come up with them, but here is the starting lot!  Please feel free to provide feedback on these in the thread.

Edited by Tomo
Added Outgunned mode
  • Upvote 10

Having played in each of these I can definitely say they are of high quality with a solid chance of memes and/or @Shroomzeh putting a Cessna into the water followed by @Forked putting a Cessna into the water 10 minutes later in exactly the same set of circumstances. 10/10 would kekhal my hekhals again.

• Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Escape

You are dropped in the middle of nowhere and in the dark with no GPS or Bluforce Tracking.  Your task is to find your way to somewhere that may have an air vehicle and escape, or a long range radio to call one in.

Rules: No GPS, NVGs, Silencers, Long Range backpacks.  Do not go overboard with flares/chemlights.

This mode is my favourite, all about the atmosphere and very intense. And the occasional misclick of an rpg by an @Happyiest Hippo

Master-Young
8 hours ago, Spooks said:

Having played in each of these I can definitely say they are of high quality with a solid chance of memes and/or @Shroomzeh putting a Cessna into the water followed by @Forked putting a Cessna into the water 10 minutes later in exactly the same set of circumstances. 10/10 would kekhal my hekhals again.

oh god i remember that one zeus asked me and another guy who to respawn and ofcourse we picked @Forked that couldnt fly like shit xD

Master-Young
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I'll do it as I think them up, but I am open to ideas!

how about something like escape but then also where the squads need to find eachother before they can extract?