FOB/Patrol base/outpost campaign? (SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY)

Lukas

POLL (SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do these Patrol/outpost missions?

• Yes
    • No

I have heard from the sort of F.O.B mission i did to make more like that, and in that case there will be more zeuses to make more small missions and also more fleshed out so a better experience for the players.

If i make this a calendar event i would most likely have signup slots for the important slots (PLT, SL, Recon and so forth).

These missions would be made at least every week until the campaign is done BUT this doesn't mean i will make a mission. What will happen is I will use diffrent maps and diffrent countrys to be played each time so it's always something new.

Please let me know if you like the idea

Just now, Arden said:

I take it this would this include a large variation in nationalities, gear, assets and opposing forces each time?

If so, should be interesting.

Yes, all the way from norwegian to israeli

SilentGunner13

I think it'd be pretty cool on a larger scale to what was done the other night. Alpha spent 95% of the time screwing around because we were so bored. It was a solid proof of concept though. 

• Upvote 1

Well, to be fair, defense and checkpoint ops are generally boring for everybody since your only objective is to defend the position for x amount of time. The reason people play zeus is to get more dynamic and interesting missions. People want to see guns, tanks, helicopters, planes, missiles, explosions, awesome stuff! in general. If we play defensive ops, the only thing you do is target practise. That does not really make you feel like you are really fighting something. 

I do not have any problems with defensive ops but generally they are not well executed and boring. Defensive ops just dont work in this community if they are not outliers. If you have an interesting mission idea which will deviate from routine, go ahead and do it! If it breaks the standardness of defensive ops, people will like it. 

Interesting mission? Go for it.

Edited by erentar

I was in Charlie in the Proof of Concept mission and at the core I enjoyed it. Alpha had the Problem that they were the absolute final reserve.

Another thing: the Objectives should escalate, there should be multiple objectives where Platoon has to choose what to sacrifice, Sectors around the Base should have the possibility of being cleared and last but least there could be a final Objective, where Platoon is advised to use all the available Forces, that gives the Mission closure.

Edit: also get yourself one or multiple Co-Zeuses, so you can actually do those multiple Objectives and keep the Base under sporadic attack.
Also the Platoon should rotate the Squads in and out of Defense duty to avoid one of the Squads being bored to death.

Edited by juseless
  • Upvote 1