Attack on the base [IDEA]

Brad

Im a crap zeus, in fact I have no idea how to zeus. however I've got a bit of an idea if anyone would like to poach it.

Now i assume many of you will know that camp bastion was a massive camp that was part of a base home to the Brits, Americans and Afghans.

The idea is we have a mission where we have a military base that players will patrol the perimeter of the base much like you would a real base and after an undisclosed time there would be an attack on two simultaneous sides and platoon and SLs would have to react quickly and coordinate the squads and their own squad respectively to defend the base. Squads that were not on patrol or not split up among towers would have to pickup their weapon and get to the perimeter as fast as possible and coordinate a defense. 

after however long the firefight would then progress into an offensive counterattack after the enemy retreats. There would be a brief period between the retreat and the counterattack in which either drones or an air asset would then scout the retreating forces and see they have retreated to a nearby town where they are setting up and reinforcements are arriving.

Platoon and SLs will then have to organise and plan the counterattack and squads would move out and take back the town and other areas.

this is obviously a massive mission that may even need two parts to it but your welcome to take the idea if you wish and make it into a calendar event or edit it for an off hours.

It would probably take a lot of prep and have a few logistical problems but I think the idea could be reasonably interesting to play. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Chuck Yeager said:

Sooooooo a basic defence FOB mission?

If I’m not mistaken, I think it would be more of a role play FOB defence followed by a counterattack against the insurgents, I believe with some tweaking it could be made into a fully fledged mission, could add some other objectives such as an enemy mortar position popping up that needs dealing with, RPG teams that need eliminating, or possibly an insurgent leader that needs capturing in a nearby town.

It could be made into a more ‘active’ mission whereby the platoon leader has to task squads as the objectives come up and how once the objectives are completed (or not completed) they can influence the fight and defence/counterattack. 

52 minutes ago, COBRA said:

If I’m not mistaken, I think it would be more of a role play FOB defence followed by a counterattack against the insurgents, I believe with some tweaking it could be made into a fully fledged mission, could add some other objectives such as an enemy mortar position popping up that needs dealing with, RPG teams that need eliminating, or possibly an insurgent leader that needs capturing in a nearby town.

It could be made into a more ‘active’ mission whereby the platoon leader has to task squads as the objectives come up and how once the objectives are completed (or not completed) they can influence the fight and defence/counterattack. 

exactly the idea, I just wrote down what i could think of as a template with hopes someone could add their own ideas to it ( Like the RPG teams thing )

1 hour ago, Chuck Yeager said:

Sooooooo a basic defence FOB mission?

Sort of. Pretty much the idea was just a template to build off of and to mould how the zeus wanted to. I was watching a documentary on camp bastion and they talked briefly of an attack that occurred and it sounded like it could be spun into an interesting mission

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brad said:

exactly the idea, I just wrote down what i could think of as a template with hopes someone could add their own ideas to it ( Like the RPG teams thing )

Sort of. Pretty much the idea was just a template to build off of and to mould how the zeus wanted to. I was watching a documentary on camp bastion and they talked briefly of an attack that occurred and it sounded like it could be spun into an interesting mission

Seeing how things are at the time, I may possibly test this out and run it in off hours if I get a Zeus slot, then see how it goes and if it truly works.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, COBRA said:

Seeing how things are at the time, I may possibly test this out and run it in off hours if I get a Zeus slot, then see how it goes and if it truly works.

that would be awesome, Hopefully ill see it take place

• Like 1