Welcome To The Glorious Campaign!!!

Toasty

Well the results are in and the ones that have voted have spoken!

For the Glorious Campaign, we will be starting off with the Beach Invasion. As for the map however, I am going to have to choose the map of Altis. For those that wanted Malden, I would like to apologize that I was not able to pick that island for the campaign. I went through many various aspects and concluded that the towns, and the places where the airports were located would not be reasonably useful for the campaign missions and territories. Altis is 1) the next best choice among voters 2) reasonably balanced that it can make the campaign interesting and challenging.

Now speaking the Campaign. . .

WELCOME TO THE GLORIOUS CAMPAIGN! ! !

This is a multiple part story that will take place in the coming future. Most (if not all) the missions will be done over weekends, as class schedules have me until the middle of second main missions on weekdays. These missions I am designing are going to be fun but very challenging; meaning that you could also potentially fail this campaign as well (i.e. pushed back into the sea). Feedback/suggestions are always helpful as this is my first multi-part series, and I would like to do more if everyone seems to enjoy the plans I have.

TIMELINE:

2018: A global depression after the disastrous crash of the crypto-currencies, has left the major powers broke and unable to recover. As a result, most, if not all, of the major powers collapsed and civil wars broke out on a scale that has never been seen before.

2023: The Euro-Asian Federation is established after 5 years of conflict. Consisting of the former nation of Russia, most of the nations in Asia, and the Middle East Area

2025: The Western Alliance is formed. Consisting all North and South America, and most of Europe.

2026: To help reduce any border disputes/conflicts, the former countries of Poland, Slovakia Hungary, Bosnia, and Croatia, became acting buffer/permanent neutral countries.

2028: The world goes back to the Gold Standard as they do not want to go through a repeat of what happened 10 years before.

2030: Twelve years have past since the Crash and the world economy is finally growing again.

2032: Economies are booming as borders between countries within each alliance are non-existent and trade can flow freely

2038: Island of Altis is discovered to have a huge source of gold. Altis happens to be in International Waters. Both alliances lay claim to the island as theirs as both sides had people living there since

2039: Tensions are high as both alliances will not back down from their claims

2040: Federation forces have taken over the entire island and have given the ultimatum for the Alliance to back down their claims. Alliance declares war and mobilizes troops.

The Altis Conflict:

Even though war is now happening, conflict has remained in Altis…for now.

Civilians on both sides have been ordered to be evacuated and any remaining persons on the island are to be considered combatants. Both sides have allowed a time frame for the civilians to leave the island without being harassed (which has now passed).

The Alliance has sent its main fleet into the area to punch a hole into the Federation defense to the island. Getting through to conduct a landing has been very difficult, resulting in two out of the three carriers have been too heavily damaged to continue while the remaining will take some time to get their flight deck working again.

Initial scans show the beaches to be heavily defended except for the southeastern most part of the island. The Alliance has decided to use that area as the landing zone, even though it is the farthest from the “Capital City” of the island.

Additional Notes:

As most nations have collapsed after the Crash, some treaties now do not apply to the Federation and The Alliance. Which means some forms of warfare is now acceptable until signed anew.

Further plans (i.e. gear, uniform, weapons etc.) will be made along with an event sometime in February, so keep an eye out ;).

Basically, keep an open mind about this and let’s have fun!

DISCLAIMER:

This is a fictitious story and therefore does not represent any real alliance’s or nation’s actions, beliefs or ideals.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Toasty said:

2018: A global depression after the disastrous crash of the crypto-currencies, has left the major powers broke and unable to recover. As a result, most, if not all, of the major powers collapsed and civil wars broke out on a scale that has never been seen before.

RIP Bitcoin

Cool Scenario though, how do you plan to do the missions? Calendar events or just asking for Main Mission Zeus?

Edited by juseless

22 minutes ago, juseless said:

RIP Bitcoin

Cool Scenario though, how do you plan to do the missions? Calendar events or just asking for Main Mission Zeus?

Honestly I have no idea. I am debating on making it an event though as I may or have gear restrictions. I'll know for sure later this week or next week.

SilentGunner13
20 hours ago, juseless said:

RIP Bitcoin

I work for the company that made Bitcoin blow up. 

I'm considering this campaign research and forecasting. That's how I'll self justify it.