Servok Missions

Servok

So trying to find a spot for this and thought this might be a good spot. So as people who play off hours I run alot of missions using different terrain on mainly tanoa (great map), also only with infantry as it's easier to balance that way. Now my big thing is always trying to change up the feel of the missions so it doesn't feel the same. I try to objectives clear and straight the point and try not to give to much info away except the force you will be fighting. Now people die in my missions as I set them up for learning purposes in mind since jungle fighting or being ambushed can be hard to recover from. 

The main reason behind this post is do the people that play want the hint to the lesson or goal, besides the obvious of completing the objective? Im planning to add assets soon to the missions as well what would people like to see? Also if you have any comments or feedback on my style of zeusing that would be handy as well. 

Currently out of town writing down random mission ideas and platoon setup for an upcoming mission idea. So just thought for more motivation this post might help. 

• Upvote 1

square_cookies

I think a good way to test the waters with your idea, would be to initially give platoon less intel and give the team mid mission intel updates if you find that people are really struggling after an ambush or other “lesson”. Or to have optional side objectives that the team could complete to get a full picture of the situation and gain additional assets that helps down the line. 

For example, you could tell platoon the premise of the mission will be a search and destroy op against a rebel insurgency that has light armour. But then have discoverable intel in the field or an intel update mid mission, of an outside faction supplying the rebels with heavier armour. To balance it out, the “heavier armour” does not show up until later and if everyone choose to bring LAT, you could have the platoon scavenge ammo from the insurgents. 

It's more learning as in working as a tighter group covering flanks and proceeding with caution instead of "let's cod this shit and hope for the best" I have a goal that eventually there will be less casualties due to team work instead seeing two people pushing 500m ahead while the rest of the squad is struggling. 

I mainly keep it to infantry as once people understand how to work with each other adding assets becomes alot easier as the asset now give you another element to your squad/platoon.