Naval Assault Mission

BenFromTTG

So I was wondering if anyone would be onboard with this idea, and since the Liberty just came out, it would be perfect

Section 1: Briefing

You act as a Russian force occupying the mainland of Panthera, and after controlling the island for over a year, RADAR scans show a US Naval Fleet nearby to the north. An Aircraft Carrier and a Destroyer are spotted, which could be a serious threat to the Russian grip on the island. Your task is to attack the Fleet, via air and sea, and destroy or capture the vessels.

Section 2: Assets

2x Russian Jets of Platoon's choice

Section 2: Enemy Force

1x USS Freedom with Multiple AA units and Harrier Jets (not fueled & not armed)

1x USS Liberty with Lase Guided Cruise missiles and Naval Cannon

This is just a proof of concept, and I have tried a small scale infantry assault on the Liberty with @viking and Senpai Ruku, and they both said the mission was good and they would love to do a larger scale variant. Please let me know what you think.

SilentGunner13

Realistically.. wouldn't you just sink the carrier? 

I haven't tried out the liberty but the Freedom is very limited as to interior and usability. People often fall through the deck. I imagine that trying to have AI on that ship is just going to be a mess. 

4 hours ago, SilentGunner13 said:

Realistically.. wouldn't you just sink the carrier? 

Realistically there is no way you would attack a carrier group because of how many ships it contains and just sheer number of layers of defences it has.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_strike_group#Typical_CSG_composition

On the other hand, there is nothing in our arsenal capable of sinking a carrier, maybe a lot of artillery.

So I think we should leave realism behind us.

Ok so I've done a fair few zeusy ops before using the freedom (haven't used any new dlc shit yet) and they are a pain in the arse to use. Placing vehicles in them are bad enough as then never want to go on so they spawn in the water and you find yourself in a race to drag them off the sea floor before they explode. People like ai struggle walking around in boats cause mapping and shit  plus i can't say yet but the boats might be too bland for a mission to run with them. I am looking to do a small ops with a boaty assault but need to look at the new stuff to see if it'll work. I'm sceptical at best. I will use them for immersion in other missions though.

Edited by EHOPPPS
I don't word

Spartan_MiniMe
2 hours ago, EHOPPPS said:

Ok so I've done a fair few zeusy ops before using the freedom (haven't used any new dlc shit yet) and they are a pain in the arse to use. Placing vehicles in them are bad enough as then never want to go on so they spawn in the water and you find yourself in a race to drag them off the sea floor before they explode. People like ai struggle walking around in boats cause mapping and shit  plus i can't say yet but the boats might be too bland for a mission to run with them. I am looking to do a small ops with a boaty assault but need to look at the new stuff to see if it'll work. I'm sceptical at best. I will use them for immersion in other missions though.

When placing things on the deck, there is a check mark at the bottom of the asset browser called specify position. Check that, and you will be able to set the position of the object before pressing enter to enable its simulation and finally placing it in the world. It works wonders for placing things on the destroyer and carrier.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spartan_MiniMe said:

When placing things on the deck, there is a check mark at the bottom of the asset browser called specify position. Check that, and you will be able to set the position of the object before pressing enter to enable its simulation and finally placing it in the world. It works wonders for placing things on the destroyer and carrier.

Yea, as soon as I saw that, it made it so much easier.