Mission Idea: Platoon Drop into enemy territory

jasher

Hey Guys,

So this mission is based off one made by a friend i played on another community server, it was one of the most intense experiences ive had with a mission and i think it would be something a lot of you would hopefully enjoy.

The description i will give for this is based off the other mission on the map 'Bornholm' but there are plenty of maps where it would work.

Briefing: Your platoon is being dropped via C-130 over hostile russian territory in with 2/3/4 objectives crossroads would like completed (objectives arent compulsory just the more you can complete the better). objectives are disable/destroy things to disrupt enemy forces in the long run and with any future missions.

Friendly Forces: 16+ people, 1+ C-130(can be zeus controlled tbh)

Enemy Forces: Enemy presence is large, however they are unexpecting the assault we have planned so if we move quick we should be able to avoid heavy contact before they can call in the nearby batallion to assist those garrissoned at the sites. this is not a force you will be able to face head on, they will have patrolling BTR's and BMP's and if the nearby battallion reach you, they are supported by light/med tanks

Mission specific things: these are optional but they help with the atmosphere of the mission

• Missions is night time (this is a must for suspense)
  • Only PLT/squadleads/2ic is allowed GPS
  • mission is more fun with max 1x/2x zoom optics for infantry
  • LAT only
  • no supressors
  • only leadership roles/ AAR allowed rangefinders+
  • limited ammunition/equipment per person - need players to be light and manouverable
  • Again mission is more fun with no night vision and use of landmarks and flares/chemlights to regroup after the drop

Victory Conditions: 1+ objective destroyed, at least 30% of alive infantry alive after decision to exfil make it to exfil, the more objectives/living infantry the better you do

So attached below is the map of bornholm with how the mission was laid out, those arent the exact markers but just ya knowBornholmMap1024x768.thumb.png.33a53bbddca00ad6e290f0c33583de8d.png

Concerns/Possible problems:

• So when it was done it was made as a full mission, no zeus control, just plt and infantry with the C-130s on a preset course and the ai was done by DAC. so i imagine a good zeus and co would be able to sort something like this for a main or off-hours that i would love to take part in
  • unsure how to intergrate respawns into this(although ive never zeused so ive never really planned respawns out), maybe as people die they wait at base and can reform a new squad rather than trying to join their old one, and those squads in the objective just survive as their numbers get knocked down

The mission is expected to be sneaky and stealthy until you go loud, at that point it is a smash and grab/destroy until you can dissapear into the forest again and sneak around the enemies. once they are alerted they can be expected to reinforce the other objectives!

If anyone is interested in zeusing something like this, or is confused as to how it works please message me on the forums or if you see me on the ts do ask! :D :D 

Edited by jasher
  • Upvote 1

Recommend the following:

• Don't use a C-130. Make a tp pole up in the air or use the helodrop option when teleporting players and select a group (Althoguh I don't know if that works)
  • No Respawns would probably be the best, since as you say its kinda hard to do. If zeus wants there to be respawns, they will need to be tp'ed to their respective Squads directly. 
  • Chernarus is probably a good map for this in our mappack
  • If you're working withoud NVD's and use flares to regroup, realistically, friendly forces lose the moment of surprise. Suggest using NVD's and giving the enemy more stuff
  • Having a set time limit for the arrival of the QRF is probably a good thing. (There is an alarm sound that can be played)
    • Obj. is attacked. If not all enemies are eliminated within say 30 seconds the alarm is sounded. QRF will arrive within the next 5 minutes depending on distance to Obj.
28 minutes ago, jasher said:

mission is more fun with max 1x/2x zoom optics for infantry

Can honestly say that about almost every mission.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silberjojo said:

Recommend the following:

• Don't use a C-130. Make a tp pole up in the air or use the helodrop option when teleporting players and select a group (Althoguh I don't know if that works)
  • No Respawns would probably be the best, since as you say its kinda hard to do. If zeus wants there to be respawns, they will need to be tp'ed to their respective Squads directly. 
  • Chernarus is probably a good map for this in our mappack
  • If you're working withoud NVD's and use flares to regroup, realistically, friendly forces lose the moment of surprise. Suggest using NVD's and giving the enemy more stuff
  • Having a set time limit for the arrival of the QRF is probably a good thing. (There is an alarm sound that can be played)
    • Obj. is attacked. If not all enemies are eliminated within say 30 seconds the alarm is sounded. QRF will arrive within the next 5 minutes depending on distance to Obj.
  • C-130's are super buggy but are good fun, could always use a blackfish just for immersions sake of being sat in a vehicle, (then hearing DROP DROP DROP over radio is well fun), but yeah a flagpole 2000m up works perfectly fine aswell :( 
  • No respawns is fine by me, i just dont was people getting bored after they die and leaving
  • Chenarus sounds like a great idea, really good bit of forest to move around in
  • Yeah could add NVG's, the way it worked initially was that you dropped in the dense forest and had to walk to your FUP then obj which meant you were a distance out, but because of this the enemy patrols were really infrequent so you were able to regroup using chemlights, then hide them in a building/ wait till they burn out and then set off undetected. but maybe limiting it to crappy NV not the wide one, which means you can navigate with it but for combat, its almost not worth using.
  • yeah a set time limit before QRF is called would definitely work, and is a great idea :D 

i also feel like this mission, could be a good start to a campaign that involves the takeover/recapture of enemy map, and depending what objectives are done can influence the rest of the story

Edited by jasher
  • Upvote 1

ThePointForward
18 minutes ago, Silberjojo said:

If zeus wants there to be respawns, they will need to be tp'ed to their respective Squads directly.

Make squad leader "TP pole" á la Battlefield (and TP SL to remainder of his squad manually if needed).

• Thanks 1