WW2 Eastern Front Campaign

EHOPPPS

Ok so a while ago I did a poll to gauge interest for a WW2 Eastern Front campaign with the aim of being as accurate as possible whilst still being fun. The idea is to use the real number of troops deployed but scaled down to work on a server, with a map that resembles the area and weather conditions that were present. You guys being the Soviets you would fight the Nazis in various key locations across this campaign, upon your death your numbers in your platoon would fall until your platoons "tickets" reach zero, then you will have to respawn at another platoon. whilst you fight ai on both sides will also be engaging, real issues that arose in the battle will occur and hopefully will give you an understanding of how bloody this campaign was as quite often this campaign is forgotten about or not taught. 

For those of you who didn't see my pole its down below. 

I will use this post to detail each operation prior to the calendar. I didn't want to put the first one up for today out of respect for the fallen. So I plan for a test event next week then the first battle (battle of Kiev) in two to three weeks time. 

Edited by EHOPPPS
  • Upvote 1

First Period

Operation Barbarossa

Summer to Autumn Campaign of 1941

Date: Thursday 7th August 1941

Axis Groups in area

Army Group Centre (Led by Fedor von Bock)

Army Group South (Led by Gerd von Rundstedt)

2nd Panzer Army (Led by Heinz Guderian)

Axis Troops near area (only knowns nearby units)

Army Group South

1st Panzer Army (five panzer divisions and four motorized divisions (two of them SS) around 90,000 men ~799 Tanks) - Led by Ewald von Kleist

- Including 2nd Army (1 Motorized corps, 2 infantry corps, 1 signals, around 152,500 men) - Led by Rudolf Schmidt, On loan from Army Group Centre

2nd Panzer Army

24th Panzer Corps (2 panzer divisions, 1 infantry and a cavalry, around 40,000 men ~381 Tanks) - Led by Leo Geyr von Schweppenburg

47th Panzer Corps(2 panzer divisions, 1 motorized division, 1 AA regiment, around 35,000 men ~ 420 Tanks) Led by Joachim Lemelsen

Red Army Groups ~ 627,000 Men

Southwestern Front (Led by Semyon Budyonny)

Troops: 620,000 Men

Tanks: 1,397 Tanks

Aircraft: 400 Aircraft

Red Army

Southwestern Front

Kiev Military District (Led by Mikhail Kirponos)

5th Army - 220,000

- Including 22nd Mechanized Corps ~ 527 Tanks

6th Army - 100,000

12th Army - 200,000

- Including 16th Mechanized Corps ~ 372 Tanks

26th Army - 100,0000

9th Mechanized Corps ~ 94 Tanks

24th Mechanized Corps ~56 Tanks

15th Mechanized Corps ~ 274 Tanks

19th Mechanized Corps ~ 274 Tanks

Listen up comrades, Our forces closer to the border have made a valiant effort to halting the vicious dictators advance. Hitler is now on our doorstep, the coward has bombarded our glorious leader's defences, the Starlin Line, and pushed across the Irpin River. They are Planning an assault on Kiev and we cannot allow this. Our 5th and 6th Army will set up along the Kiev ukrep-raion (KUR, Kiev fortified district). They will halt the Axis advance then counter-attack removing this vermin from this rejoin. Our objective is simple Kiev cannot fall. 

image.thumb.png.e4f0fe5f3acf3e3bd6c98e99b4e2f827.png

Uniform

Russian Summer Uni

Uni: Any SOV that matches your rank and role

Helm:  Any SOV that matches your rank and role

Vest:  Any SOV that matches your rank and role not iShBr

Weapon: Any that matches your rank and role

No GSP, Radios (apart from Radioman), No drawing on map post-briefing.

limited to 2 frag grenades, 2 smokes, SL gets 2 coloured smoke.

As of right now, we are getting a steady supply of resources as no mag restriction.

This won't run yet as I need to do template testing and I've put it off from this weekend due to a WW2 mission tonight. 

SEVER & TEMPLATE TESTING

Date: Unknown

Fraction: US Airborne

Ok listen up, our objective is to remove the areas AA systems and the heavy armour at Kastaneri ahead of the main landing. We will land at DZ London and first take on the armour in the city. Don't worry, they are refuelling so if we hit them first they won't have time to get in their tin cans. After this, we will push to the fortifications on the hills just west of the city and destroy the AA. Then off home for cigars and whiskey. 

image.png.17a92c9237f2676bc83b763d92c06048.png

Gear

Uniform: US M-42 Airborne

Backpack: US Type 5 Parashoot

Vest: US AB Web Gear

Helmet: US M1 Airbourne 

Weapons: Role-specific

1 Smoke, 1 Frag grenade.