NeilZar's Lingor Campaign

NeilZar

So I have been planning this campaign for a couple of weeks and almost sorted out all bugs in my first mission. So to get you guys a bit hyped, here is the backstory of my campaign.

Backstory

It’s the year 2018 and Trump has just started his conquest of the world and therefore started WW3 - USA vs The World. The US has already conquered a few countries, including lingor, an ally of russia. The citizens of lingor have always liked the partnership with the russians. Trump wants to change their minds and tries to do so in every way he thinks is possible. While at the same time Putin wants his ally to be a “free” country again.

History

Since the second world war, lingor has been an ally of the russians, providing a forward military base in the pacific ocean for the russians. After the fall of the soviet union, lingor was still in favor of communism and therefore lost some trust from russia. But because of the tactical location of the country in the pacific ocean, the russians stayed allied. With putin coming to power, russia put more trust in the communist system of lingor.

The culture

In lingor’s culture, racing is very popular, but they have never had a WDC in F1. There is not even a lingorian F1 racer at the moment. But if you would ask the people, they would say their F1 hero is the current dutch WDC Max Verstappen, who won last year’s title by winning the last 3 races with great dominance and thus beating his teammate Daniel Ricciardo by 5 points.

Mission 1: FK Racing Day - Mission success

President Donald Trump really wants the lingorians to be on his side. To do so, he decided to host an event of their favorite sport, Racing. Reigning WDC has been invited to do some demonstration laps at the Rommelo Race Track at the Capital. After he has finished his demonstration, the FK forces will be coming in and doing a 5 lap kart heat. At the same time, the event has to be safe, so checkpoints have been setup at 4 critical points where cars can enter. They will be manned by FK units, while at the same time the area around the event has to be guarded and patrolled.

Summary:

The mission was a success! During the race there was a Rebel attack that followed a suicide bombing at one of the checkpoints. The enemy force was large and FK tried everything they could to push them back. In the end the attack was not pushed back, but most of the FK unit has been extracted successfully. Despite all this, the 5 lap race was completed. Zoltar went MIA during the mission, so we suspect he has been captured by the Rebel forces.

Mission 2: Operation Birth Certificate - Mission success

From intel gained after the rebel attack, we have found a rebel outpost at Matacan that might have intel about the main rebel force around Medina and Drassen. UAV images also show that there is increased rebel activity in the town of Faunaverde, so we will also send some men there to check that out. We hope to find Zoltar in either of these places, after he went MIA in the previous mission.

Summary:

Due to unforseen circumstances Netheral could not be there for the mission, so Katla took command. The town of faunaverde was cleared rather quickly, because of the low amount of enemy forces present and the large force sent to clear it out. All hostages in Faunaverde were safely extracted. Matacan went a bit less swimmingly, both Alpha and Bravo were almost wiped out. They had support from both daggers, but it didn't help much. When all troops were at Matacan to look for the intel, the job was quickly done though.

Mission 3: Operation Best Words - Mission success

The intel of the previous mission has given the locations of 4 garrisons on the island along with a couple of outposts. Because of the size of the area and the amount of expected enemy forces, the assault on the island will be split over two missions. We wil first clear the northern half of the island first, Drassen and Pintosa. In the intel there were mentions of shipments from russia. we do not know what the contents of those shipments are, but they have increased since the rebel attack the race track.

Summary:

The northern half of the island has been cleared! The Speshal forces were able to push the rebel forces back to the southern half and are well on their way to giving Trump full control of Lingor. The town of Pintosa was cleared swiftly, but Drassen took a bit lingor because of the size. The AA outpost took a while to be cleared out, so air support was not available for most of the mission. Even the QRF couldn't stop the speshal forces. On to the next mission, clearing the whole island of the rebel scum.

Mission 4: Operation Best Words part 2

We still need to clear the southern half of the island. The towns of Mercadio and Medina are the remaining strongholds, while on the hill in between them is an outpost. This should go quickly as we have most assets still left over from the previous mission, while resupplies have also arrived.

Edited by NeilZar

• 1 month later...

So yea, It has been a while in the making, But next week will be the time my campaign starts. I have finished the first 3 missions, as they are not influenced by each other. I will check coming week what day will be a good day to host my missions. I'm thinking of wednesdays, since those days I have no college, it won't overlap with any missions on friday or saturday and I have a 99% guarantee that I'm available to host the game that day.

So to give you guys a bit of a teaser, the first mission will be a rather special one:

Trump first plan to win over the hearts of the lingorians, is to host a karting event. He asked reigning WDC Max Verstappen to come and do some demonstration laps on the Rommelo Racetrack at the capital, Maruko. After which the FK  "speshal" units, as the locals would call them, will do a 5 lap heat, with 2 drivers from each squad, 10 drivers total. The rest of the squads will be tasked with guarding the event, patrolling and observing the racetrack and it's direct surroundings and checking cars at the 4 checkpoints at the race track and airport. There will be no explosives and no armed helicopters, Trump thinks that will scare the citizens more than is needed.

I will make an event for the mission once I have decided on the day I will host it. Until then, see you guys tomorrow again, when I'm back home.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NeilZar said:

reigning WDC Max Verstappen

Ha. Probably this time's "I'm not here to finish 4th" will just end up with him being blown up/shot during the race.

Also, I'd like to dibs a spot for a kart driver, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to due to not owning the karts DLC.

28 minutes ago, Mihax209 said:

Ha. Probably this time's "I'm not here to finish 4th" will just end up with him being blown up/shot during the race.

Inb4, Badass will shoot Karts in front of him so he can finish first lol

On 1/10/2017 at 23:35, NeilZar said:

Event created for the first mission, 6 spots left for Kart Driver.

You need the Kart DLC to be a driver!

Don't forget to sign up if you want to be a driver.

We also still need a platoon lead, Netheral will be Plt. Lead (currently kart driver) if no one else signs up by tuesday.

Edited by NeilZar

Mission 3 will be happening in a week time, so you got enough time to think about signing up! Make sure that you can be there on time for the mission, it will probably be the first at 7pm gmt! Multiple people didn't show up eventhough they dibsed a slot for mission 2, so please make sure you can be there if you sign up! saves me and the community managers a lot of hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

Because the mission had to be rescheduled, make sure to check if you can still play your dibsed slot for the mission. If you cannot play that day, please tell me here or on the calendar so I can remove you from the list and make sure someone else can take it.

Edited by NeilZar

• 1 month later...