2. Ace Interaction Menu Style
3. Ace Medical Menu
4. Ace Self Interaction and Interaction
5. Ace Throwing (Grenades)
6. Stinger Lock On/Ranging unblock
7. Rebinding the Zeus "Ping Key"

8. Change log

1. Introduction
So after some back and fourth with people, I decided to make a common rebind guide to help ease some issues people were having. The hope is that with this, certain issues for a large majority will be resolved or that it will simply make peoples lives easier. As with my TFAR guide, this assumes base key binds. A.K.A you have not changed any of your key binds or options. I will go through each bind step by step, so you can find where in the menu to find it and my general recommendations for what to change things to. If you know/have keys that work better for you then by all means use them I am just using them as an example.

If you have any suggestions for other binds I should add, feel free to catch me on TS or PM me here or on Discord.

2. Ace Interaction Menu Style
The first thing you should do (Credit to @OneMadPanda for teaching me this) is change the style of your Ace Interaction Menu to List, and set it to use cursor. This will vastly improve your Quality of Life when using the Ace interaction menu (Both Self and Non-Self) as you won't have to drag your screen all over the place and it looks cleaner than the radial menu.

Steps:
1. Press the Escape Key
2. Click "Options" then "Addon Options"
ZGWtMUv.png
3. Once in the menu, change the drop down to "ACE Interaction Menu" (1)
4. Check the options for "Always display cursor for self interaction" (2), "Always display cursor for interaction" (3) and "Display interaction menus as lists" (4) then press "Ok" to save the changes
XDfrtMW.png

When done correctly, you should be able to use your cursor in both interaction menus and the menus appear as lists (See Below - NOTE: Due to Snipping Tool my cursor is not shown)
yUKfItu.png

3. Ace Medical Menu
Another useful setting change (One which hopefully gets covered in the basic sessions I believe) is the enabling of the "ACE Medical Menu". This is a fairly quick and easy process which will drastically improve your Quality of Life when treating either yourself or another injured member. Rather than having to slog through your interaction menu time and time again to treat wounds, you can do it from one menu without having to re-open it. It is a lot faster and way more user friendly.

Steps:
1. Press the Escape Key
2. Click "Options" then "Addon Options"
3. Change the drop down option to "Ace Medical" (1)
4. Scroll all the way to the bottom until you find the option "Use Medical menu" (2). Change this to "Enabled
5. Click "Ok" (3) to save the Change.
KhGVSW8.png

With this change, whenever you want to treat yourself, you can simply press the default bind of "H" to open the medical menu.
R7ukUIA.png

To ensure the Medical Menu default does not clash with any natural key bind you (may) need to unbind the key used for "Last Help"

Steps:
1. Press the "Escape" Key
2. Click "Options" then "Controls"
vzDp3qY.png

3. Change the drop down option to "Common" (1) (If it does not default to it)
4. Scroll down and find the key bind for "Last Help" and delete the key used for it (2)
5. Press "Ok" (3) to save the changes
jMX3Q5T.png

With this unbound, you should be able to use the Medical Menu without issue.

4. Ace Self Interaction and Interaction
Another quick thing I have done is switch around my Interaction and Self interaction keys. This is because I find it easier to press one key to use Self interaction and two keys to interaction with anyone else. This comes in useful when doing long menu tasks such as placing/arming explosives etc. Some may prefer it the base way but again this is a Quality of Life recommendation from myself

Steps:
1. Press the "Escape" Key
CYYpsbJ.png

3. Click "Configure Addons" in the bottom right
IOD0HJN.png

4. Change the drop down (If it does not default to it) to "ACE Common" (1)
5. Select the "Interact Key" and delete the current bind of "Left Windows". Replace it with "Ctrl + Left windows" (2) and click "Ok"
6. Select the "Self Interaction Key" and delete the current bind of "Ctrl + Left Windows". Replace it with "Left windows" (3) and click "Ok"
CoaHVpo.png

5. Ace Throwing (Grenades)
If there is only one rebind you take away from this entire guide - this should be it. Doing this will massively help with your Grenade throwing and stop those accidental spawn throws of frag and smokes, or those mid-mission accidental throws. This will also help you as it allows you to physically see the arc/path your grenade will probably take, meaning you can get it on target more often than not. On top of that you can choose whether to "Throw" or "Toss" the grenade, meaning your smoke shouldn't bounce like a Kangaroo into the next dimension.

Greater control and accuracy of your grenades will make you a far more effective infantryman. 

Steps:
1. Press the Escape Key
3. Change the drop down option to "Weapons" (1)
4. Edit the "Throw" key and UNBIND it (Leave it empty) (2)
5. Click "Ok" to save the change (3) 
6. Reopen the "Controls" Menu and click "Configure Addons" (4)
t4dFV3U.png

7. In the "Configure Addons" menu, change the drop down option to "ACE Weapons" (1)
8. Edit the "Prepare/Change Throwable" key, Delete the existing key bind of "Shift + G" and replace it with "G" (2)
9. Click "Ok" to save the changes (3)
gZOlea5.png

With this rebind, when pressing the "G" key, you will be presented with the Ace throwing system. This gives you various options such as Pressing "G" to cycle the grenade type, cooking it, throwing or tossing it etc. This multi-stage system will prevent any accidental mis-throws as well as allow you to see where your grenade will go with more accuracy.

7yuPiNI.png

6. Stinger Lock On/Ranging unblock
To allow yourself to actually lock on with the Stinger or Range with certain rangefinders which use the "T" key. You will need to remove an existing TFAR binding. Otherwise these things will not function and in the case of a Stinger to lock on, can be pretty deadly in not working.

Steps:
1. Press the Escape Key
3. Click "Configure Addons" in the bottom right
4. Change the drop down option to "TFAR" (1)
5. Scroll down and find the key bind "SW Transmit Additional" (2), Change the existing key bind from "T" to something else (I use "Ctrl + R")
6. Click "Ok" (3) to save the changes
5wkyCnj.png

Removing/changing this binding will prevent conflicts and allow you to use Rangefinders and the Lock on function for the Stinger.

7. Rebinding the Zeus "Ping Key"
This is lifted straight from my TFAR guide, but due to it's importance I feel like restating it. Rebinding the Ping key will prevent pissing off the Zeus (and any Community Managers) as unwanted pings or spam pings due to a bad bind getting annoying very quickly.

Steps:
1. Go to your options menu via Esc Key
2. Click "Options" -> "Controls" -> "Configure Addons"
3. Change the addon drop option to "TFAR" (Should be bottom of the list) (1)
4. Scroll down to the Action "LR Transmit Additional" (2)
5. Double click in the "Assigned Key" column for the Action and rebind it (I use Ctrl+T)
6. Click "Ok" to save the key bind change (3)
w4qiuoW.jpg

8. Change log
v1.3 - 09/01/2020 - Rewriting due to transferance issues. Minor grammar changes in places
v1.2 - 23/01/2018 - Added section in 3. Ace Medical Menu to deal with any issues with "Last Help" bind clashing with the default Medical Menu bind
v1.1 - 22/01/2018 - Updated Section title to match Table of Contents.
v1.0 - 22/01/2018 - Posted guide.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Vericht featured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy