(Mission Idea)(Feedback Appreciated) Operation Stormy Affair (Part 1)

Sully

OPERATION STORMY AFFAIR

Mission Map: Altis

Operation Details:

Missions.PNG.572cee8ec7cf8905a081cf2b4c2fb554.PNG

(Objective Explanation) 
The (Whatever Force you decide to play as) Took over Molos Airfield in order to stage their troops in an attempt to establish a foothold on altis.
Your Forces are to push South, Southwest and takeover the Towns of Molos And Sofia. The communication tower is lightly manned But still
An essential Target to keep The enemy to the Southwest from knowing and assisting the Enemy in Sofia.
The Power Plant Objective is Not an Essential Objective (Can Be Skipped By Zues all together) And is just an objective to keep
The Townspeople of Sofia happy in-case the enemy tries to cut power to the City,
Civilian Leads Have Hinted At Enemies To the North of the Primary Objectives (Warehouse an Area objectives)
But the Civilian attitude towards us are hostile and could be wild goose chases (Skip-able by Zues)
After Taking Sophia You would have about 30 minutes to take The enemy Military Base West Of Sofia Before They alert
The Enemies to the SouthWest About our movements and they send a Force to try and retake sofia.
(Time limit can be removed/Changed to reduce the difficulty of the Objective)

(Lore/Background) 
Your (Whatever Army you choose) Has decided to support a Militia in a takeover of the Altis Island.
Your army has decided to send a Ground force to establish a foothold in Altis where you can better assist the militia.
The Army has a Big Problem, The Assistance of Altis is not fully Supported By your nations Congress/Political Cabinet.
Therefore The Military has to budget And re-use old Equipment for this invasion as well as make do without Equipment all together (Long Range Radios)
Your fighting another Way Larger Militia Force That currently Has Control of the Island but its military Training is Severely Lacking and is mostly
Made Up of Uneducated Men Handed a gun. (Lower AI Difficulty)

(Other Mission Details)
Penalties for not meeting time deadlines or out of order (Communication Tower / 30 Minute Military Base)
Enemy Rapid Deployment Force From the South West into Sofia to take back Sofia.

Operation Restrictions:
(LIMITED COMMUNICATION RESOURCES)
Only Platoon and Platoon 2IC Can have Carry-able Long Range Radios
Squad Leads Will be assigned to 3 Vehicle ~ 2 Humvies 1 Repair truck ~ Convoys (Squad Leads must use Vehicle Long Range)
Platoon will not have its own Convoy and must ride with one of the squads.
(No Restrictions on Short Range)
(Due To Limited Resources No Vehicle Respawn)

Suggested Vehicles: Army-W

594079655_SquadVik.thumb.PNG.f7873549f552da55aa409e1ef51a15ed.PNG

(Enemy Force) - Any Militia Forces (Suggestion: African Militia)
Would not Suggest using tanks.

(Assets)

(Suggest: None) But any type of quick moving Knight Asset.

(Other Details For Mission Immersion)
Time : (Morning/Daytime) For Normal Difficulty (Evening/Night) For Harder Difficulty. Doable on both.
Civilian Forces (Attitude: Hostile)
IEDs
(Rogue Civilians With Guns: Enemy Sympathizer and is considered enemy)

This Mission idea is a part of a small campaign of ideas. I Will post Mission Two Of this Operation Later Depending on feedback.

Edited by Sully
Clear up some Issues About the mission
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sully said:

Squad Leads Will be assigned to 3 Vehicle ~ 2 Humvies 1 Repair truck ~ Convoys (Squad Leads must use Vehicle Long Range)

Platoon will not have its own Convoy and must ride with one of the squads.

These are the two biggest possible issues with this idea.

Given 2 humvees (assumed both armed) and one repair truck you are able to sit about 12-13 people. Ignoring the issue of players possibly not knowing how to use these on a squad level, it could be impossible for platoon to stay together. If platoon has any more than 2-3 people then platoon will be split up. Yeah you won't need a FAC, but an RTO might be beneficial alongside a 2iC and medic. If you use the 8 man templates then the mission is more doable for platoon but I would be worried about how the squads will be able to perform.

Granted, PLT can make this work depending on how they want to organize everything, that's the only possible hiccup I see from this idea. I'm all for the challenge it gives to the PLT level and squad level

• Upvote 2

Spartan_MiniMe

Just a couple pieces of feedback:

• I feel that the amount of objectives is probably slightly too high. I would recommend reducing the amount of objectives to be more manageable and complete-able within our usual given time-frame.
  • Given the presence of IEDs, it could potentially significantly slow down the Platoon's progress as a whole, compounding the issues of there being a large amount of objectives.

I would recommend reducing the mission in scale, I feel it would be unnecessarily difficult for the platoon to complete given the time slot of our missions

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Forked said:

These are the two biggest possible issues with this idea.

Given 2 humvees (assumed both armed) and one repair truck you are able to sit about 12-13 people. Ignoring the issue of players possibly not knowing how to use these on a squad level, it could be impossible for platoon to stay together. If platoon has any more than 2-3 people then platoon will be split up. Yeah you won't need a FAC, but an RTO might be beneficial alongside a 2iC and medic. If you use the 8 man templates then the mission is more doable for platoon but I would be worried about how the squads will be able to perform.

The mission is built around platoon just being platoon and 2ic. The need for a platoon medic is gone with platoon Riding along with one of the squads. But if the zues wants to use rto or platoon medic all they really need to change is the type of truck for the convoy they plan to ride with. (Would make it a bit harder for the squad carrying platoon though.) Or just get the platoon a single unarmed humvee. Thanks for the feedback :)

Edited by Sully

1 hour ago, Spartan_MiniMe said:

Just a couple pieces of feedback:

• I feel that the amount of objectives is probably slightly too high. I would recommend reducing the amount of objectives to be more manageable and complete-able within our usual given time-frame.
  • Given the presence of IEDs, it could potentially significantly slow down the Platoon's progress as a whole, compounding the issues of there being a large amount of objectives.

I would recommend reducing the mission in scale, I feel it would be unnecessarily difficult for the platoon to complete given the time slot of our missions

I did not mention it in the post so that's my bad. But investigate missions are meant to be side missions.  Communication / power plants are lightly garrisoned. Only molos and Sofia being the difficult target manpower wise. And the military base being harder time limit wise.

It's doable within 1-3 hours if not mission should fail due to enemy reinforcements being to strong.

But also keep in mind it's suggested to use militia so the enemy not going to be very well trained.

But thanks for the feedback. Something to keep in mind when making the mission :)

Edited by Sully

Ima hit you with some feedback aswell.

1. Provide more details for immersion (for example: why dont the SLs get LRs?)
  2. Preventing SLs from grabbing LRs will severely limit their ability to employ teamwork. And that is what Arma is all about. Working together towards a common goal only achievable by working together. Imagine what would happen if a vehicle gets destroyed. With no vehicle respawns, that Squad is basically useless. I don't think this aspect will add anything to the mission. It will be annoying and it will feel like an artifical layer of difficulty, which in turn breaks immersion. 
  3. As others have mentioned, this mission looks very overloaded. There is so much to do, with time constraints, consequences and severely limited abilites to work together. 

The way I see it, this will turn into a shit show as soon as the platoon makes first contact. Squads can't be reached, once they leave their vehicles. It will be frustrating, annoying and aggravating. I know these words are harsh, but that's how I am perceiving the mission. 

29 minutes ago, Silberjojo said:

Ima hit you with some feedback aswell.

1. Provide more details for immersion (for example: why dont the SLs get LRs?)
  2. Preventing SLs from grabbing LRs will severely limit their ability to employ teamwork. And that is what Arma is all about. Working together towards a common goal only achievable by working together. Imagine what would happen if a vehicle gets destroyed. With no vehicle respawns, that Squad is basically useless. I don't think this aspect will add anything to the mission. It will be annoying and it will feel like an artifical layer of difficulty, which in turn breaks immersion. 
  3. As others have mentioned, this mission looks very overloaded. There is so much to do, with time constraints, consequences and severely limited abilites to work together. 

The way I see it, this will turn into a shit show as soon as the platoon makes first contact. Squads can't be reached, once they leave their vehicles. It will be frustrating, annoying and aggravating. I know these words are harsh, but that's how I am perceiving the mission. 

I should post more on the lore for the mission, I will work on that when I get to a computer. 

The squads are not meant to go very far from their convoys. The repair truck  is there for maintenance on the vehicles to keep them from being destroyed. 

Also I hinted but I should of said more clearly (No Restrictions on Short Range) if something urgent is needed to be said if within the same area they could hop on the short range. 

as for the mission overlode. I already replied to it.

I did not mention it in the post so that's my bad. But investigate missions are meant to be side missions.(only done if zues wants to do them)  Communication / power plants are lightly garrisoned. Only molos and Sofia being the difficult target manpower wise. And the military base being harder time limit wise.)

also the enemy is militia, not a well trained army, so the difficulty is meant to be lower 

(Also this is just a general idea for a mission. If a zues wanna alter it they can.) While I understand your thinking of arma is teamwork. (Which I can agree with) no reason why a mission can't be harder in general. It's meant to be something more then a "just go clear that town" mission. 

But I can see where it would be overly difficult. But in my personality I see it as a challenge which is why I developed the mission like this. 

i appreciate your feedback and Its something I can think on when making future mission ideas 👍😁

• Upvote 1