OPERATION FOG OF WAR
- This mission is going to be a scripted mission and will be hosted on FK#4.
- The mission starts approximately 10 minutes after first main.
- Anyone can reserve a slot, regs+ and tagholders have priority.
- Disclaimer: This mission takes place in the WW2 era but might not be historically accurate.
German forces are holding their lines east of the current front line marked with the red triangles.
They have garrisoned the town of Chef-du-Pont and currently holding the bridge here which is a mission critical obejctive.
The castle north of the town has been fortified too, intel says they have an ammo cache inside the castle.
Our advance was slowed down by the enemy artillery fire. Friendly scouts marked the rough location of the enemy artillery pieces northeast of the town, however we lost contact with our scouts.
- Marker CASTLE: Assault the castle and destroy the enemy ammo cache
- Marker ARTILLERY: Find and destroy the enemy artillery pieces
- Marker BRIDGE: Secure the town and prevent the destruction of the bridge
- Additionally find intel of the M.I.A. scout units, rescue them if possible
Map of the AO:
- Time and date: 1600 January 05, 1945
- Weather: snowfall with fog
- Enemy forces: German Waffen-SS units
- Enemy ground assets: mostly Panzer IV's, possibility of heavy tanks
- Enemy air assets: none due to the bad weather
- Explosives: possibility of marked minefields
- Civilians: they have left this area
- Respawn: rolling respawns
- Reinforcements will be paradropped into the AO via script
- RRR is available, take the RRR truck with you
- Don't take enemy weapons
- Don't take enemy vehicles
- 1x M4A3E8 Sherman Easy Eight
- 1x M4A3 Sherman
1x 60mm M2 Mortar
ORBAT - 101st Airborne Division & 2nd Armored Division
- FK rules are in effect
- You can turn off the snow script by using ACE self-interaction in case you suffer from low FPS
- Enhanced Movement will be enabled
- I recommend using the JSRS soundmod with its IFA3 extension
- If numbers are low, we'll drop BAKER first so fill up the slots accordingly