Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force:
You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months.
The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.
In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.
Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped, and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.
But this is the year 1944. Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned. The free men of the world are marching together to victory.
I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory.
Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower Supreme Allied Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Force, delivered 6 June 1944.
On 6 June US forces landed at Omaha beach the primary objective was to secure a beachhead eight kilometers (5.0 miles) deep, between Port-en-Bessin and the Vire River, linking with the British landings at Gold to the east, and reaching the area of Isigny to the west to link up with VII Corps landing at Utah. The untested American 29th Infantry Division, along with nine companies of U.S. Army Rangers redirected from Pointe du Hoc, assaulted the western half of the beach. The battle-hardened 1st Infantry Division was given the eastern half.
Opposing the landings was the German 352nd Infantry Division. Of its 12,020 men, 6,800 were experienced combat troops, detailed to defend a 53-kilometer (33 mi) front. The German strategy was based on defeating any seaborne assault at the water line, and the defenses were mainly deployed in strongpoints along the coast.
Your unit is tasked with securing this sector of Omaha beach securing the fortifications along the coastline and the German HQ located near to Le Bray. The area is being defended by elements of the German 352nd Infantry Division and 439th Ost-Battalion. To assist you in these objectives the platoon has been provided with two Sherman Tanks for the landing and will have access to both Aircraft and Naval support.
MISSION SUMMARY: This will be a heavily themed mission with elements taken from the Second World War. The mission will be making use of the Arma 3 mods Iron Front, Faces Of War and CSA38 which will be posted as well at the bottom of this event page in a compiled list. Weaponry within the mission will be restricted to WW2/Faction based weaponry and will be restricted per your chosen role. Tags for applicable roles are being enforced and will not be different from standard slotting. Squad Structure and PTLN structure have been changed to accommodate the theme and structure of operations in the Second World War.
(TAGS & REGS PRIORITIZED)
(RESERVED SLOTS MAY BE OVERWRITTEN BY TAG-HOLDERS)
(FINAL SAY IS AT EVENT HOSTS DISCRETION)
- PLTN COMMAND SQUAD:
- Alpha Squad Lead (SL TAGS): OPEN
- Alpha Squad Medic (MEDIC TAGS): @Root
- Alpha Squad Radioman (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Alpha Squad Team Leader (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Bravo Squad Lead (SL TAGS): OPEN
- Bravo Squad Medic (MEDIC TAGS): @Peterowsky
- Bravo Squad Radioman (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Bravo Squad Team Leader (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Charlie Squad Lead (SL TAGS): OPEN
- Charlie Squad Medic (MEDIC TAGS): OPEN
- Charlie Squad Radioman (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Charlie Squad Team Leader (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Lead (SL TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Medic (MEDIC TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Radioman (TL TAGS): OPEN
- Delta Squad Team Leader (TL TAGS): OPEN
M4A3 Sherman (1-1):
- KNGT Commander/Lead (KNGT Commander Tags): @Garfield0003
- KNGT Gunner (KNGT Gunner Tags): @Conga Line of Neckbeards
- KNGT Driver (KNGT Driver Tags): @Wheezy
M4A3 Sherman (1-2):
- KNGT Commander/Lead (KNGT Commander Tags): @colt92
- KNGT Gunner (KNGT Gunner Tags): @Muhcreedy
- KNGT Driver (KNGT Driver Tags): @Mingy [NO TAGS]
- Only Weapons and equipment from the Iron Front, Faces of War and CSA 38 mods may be used within the mission.
- Short Range Radios are prohibited.
- Only Radiomen are permitted to carry Long Range Radios.
- Night vision equipment is prohibited.
- BFT and GPS systems will be disabled/prohibited.
- Looting of enemy primary weapons is prohibited.
- Only PLatoon HQ, Squad Leads and Team Leads are permitted whistles.
Note: FK Weaponry and equipment rules remain in effect for this mission.
Uniform: Chosen by PLTN HQ.
Helmet: Role Appropriate headgear (EX Inf= M1 Helmet, KNGT = A-11 Tankers Helmet).
Riflemen Weaponry: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903A3 Springfield Rifle.
Medic Weaponry: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903A3 Springfield Rifle.
Squad Leaders, Team Leaders Weaponry: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1903A3 Springfield Rifle, M3 Grease Gun, Thompson Submachine Gun.
Autorifleman: M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle.
MachineGunner: M1919 Browning Machine Gun.
KNGT Crew Weaponry: M3 Grease Gun, Thompson Submachine Gun.
Secondary Weaponry: Colt M1911 Any Axis Pistol looted in mission may be carried in the next mission if proof of acquisition is provided prior to the next operation.
MAT: M1A1 Bazooka.
SERVER INFO :
- Name: FK #4 Custom Mission Server
- IP: arma4.fkservers.eu
- Port: 2402
- Password: On Request
- Modset Here - Now with preset functionality