FK US Defence Mission

tjoppie

So I have this mission, it's not nearly ready, but I do believe that with some help from a more experienced member, it can be quite a fun mission!

The mission is to hold the line and survive 4 waves of ZEUS spawned Russian forces, getting progressively more and more difficult, once the 4 waves have been completed, you'll be tasked with retreating to the town, where another 4 waves must be completed, until finally being evaced at a nearby radar dish via Chinook. The Mission takes place in the early morning, when the sun is just peering over the hills after a snowstorm that took place the previous night.

Here are some screenshots of it:

ArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_37_13_01.thumb.png.34836560cdf6e93d9ab38f8e48fe0328.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_37_47_02.thumb.png.793d8d3c864642c36c43211bc6fe1689.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_38_47_05.thumb.png.d6065b656a10fb876b1317e168d86362.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_39_13_06.thumb.png.5cb7cb659a10face331f2433a360cb4f.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_39_26_07.thumb.png.edbb8493c044f1efc5f7dd80684690a4.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_39_40_08.thumb.png.038d43447e48a2d024575a97ced2ff84.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_39_54_09.thumb.png.cab70fc568171db71fdb36cb3c0ad511.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_40_07_10.thumb.png.167b831606ab44fdb43b4c9c2a0ccf8a.pngArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_40.35_11.thumb.png.9bad9e0df74928b9fb80d2faf8d263b9.png

ArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_38_19_04.png

ArmA_3_06_11.2017_-_19_40_51_12.png

• Upvote 2

Looks awesome. Just one suggestion, maybe limit the amount of ammunition and equipment allowed, to give it a final stand before being overrun feel.

• Upvote 2

if you want a more survival experience, I would like Golfer suggested limit stuff. For one I would take away the scopes, this gives the Russian wave a better chance of actually overrunning us instead of getting picked of at 400+ metres. That and the fact that the forest itself is more suited for close combat.

it at least looks very cool though. Cant wait to try it.

• Upvote 1

Take off the ACOGs with the attached 1x optic on top

Use RCOs if you want to keep the ACOG

But thats just more for immersive purposes, also dont be afraid to use strict iron sights

That looks really nice. 
You might need to look at the lenght of the misison though. Depending on how big the waves are of course, holding of eight of them can take some time.

Pretty much don' have 4 waves set in stone, without testing is what I am saying :D

Thank You all for the great suggestions and support, here are some of the changes and more information about the mission.

This will be a ZEUS controlled mission, with pleyr controlled heli's that will come around to pickup as many squadmemebers as possible every couple of minutes after the first wave is defeated.

I have removed the scopes and replaced them with RCO scopes aswell as randomizing them to be either reflex sights, iron sights and ARCO sights, but nothing more than 2x. There are Marksman (3 of them to be exact), They will have ACOG scopes, the NVGs you can see in the images are leftovers from earlier stages of testing when I wanted the mission to take place at night, which might still happen ;)

Squad leaders can issue orders to retreat at any moment if there is a threat of being overwhelmed, just be aware that your cover will get significantly smaller the further you retreat until you have merely a chainlink fence and a collapsed radar dish standing between you and the almighty.

The first wave will have a single squad of 6(Dont fret, they wont have RPGs or DMRs, testing has revealed that bushes and trees mean nothing to units with an RPG or SVD equipped.), it will then increase by 1 extra squad until the final wave that has either 4 squads or 2 squads accompanied by a BTR or a troop transport. 

Theres an old minefield located behind the ruined town, this is to prevent you from using the trees as cover and force you up the hill.

The mission will start as all FK missions starts, with you and your squad spawning at a virtual arsenal where you can pick your loadout, but you may not change anything on your rifle. You'll also only have about 5 minutes to select your loadout, so be quick!

The supply crates you can see in image 10 have 1 M134 HEAT in them and there are only 3 crates located at the first, second and third stage of the mission. Ammo will be limited to about 2 mags per person in these crates, Autorifleman will have to rely on their bitches.

You'll have no support in the form of KNIGHT OR PROPHET, your training and the men on either sides of you are all you have!

As said before, a single player-controlled Chinook will start to arrive every 5 minutes after the first wave and pick up as many squadmembers as possible, theyre already loaded up with other troops so prioritize who should go first.

The mission is still far from done and I have a busy week ahead, but I promise you that this mission will be played on FK ARMA #1 this weekend.

My advice is to use the triggers for spawning units on a timer and as well the clean up script around the ao (just make sure its not massive because it will eat the frames). The reason why to make the mission in the editor instead of zeus spawned units is simply because you will have a lot less work to do during the mission, by the time you kill the current attackers, the previous ones are removed via the clean up script, which makes the fps more stable and the main reason is AI. AI spawned via triggers acts completely different, then the regulars, they will hunt down every single player in their radius, no matter how well they are hidden.

In addition, you can save the spawn triggers as a custom composition and just whack them on to the next defense mission, after you are done with all of the back end technicalities and wooala you got yourself a defense mission ready in less then an hour.

Edited by SM-
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SM- said:

My advice is to use the triggers for spawning units on a timer and as well the clean up script around the ao (just make sure its not massive because it will eat the frames). The reason why to make the mission in the editor instead of zeus spawned units is simply because you will have a lot less work to do during the mission, by the time you kill the current attackers, the previous ones are removed via the clean up script, which makes the fps more stable and the main reason is AI. AI spawned via triggers acts completely different, then the regulars, they will hunt down every single player in their radius, no matter how well they are hidden.

In addition, you can save the spawn triggers as a custom composition and just whack them on to the next defense mission, after you are done with all of the back end technicalities and wooala you got yourself a defense mission ready in less then an hour.

Thanks for the awesome suggestion as FPS has been a lingering issue with this mission due to the amount of bodies scattered later on. 

The only problem is that I have absolutely no experience with creating missions, this mission staryed out as a suggestion after a mission :D! 

So I need alot of help with it and I am terribly busy during the week, so I dont know when I can get to it. 

On 6/16/2017 at 21:51, Guest said:

I love zeusing defense missions.

Hit me up on teamspeak if you need help with this mission or @Nugget30 he's also good at zeusing missions like this.

I'm flattered you think so highly of me.